Bay of Islands Hole in the Rock Dolphin Cruise
See dolphins, penguins & more
Spacious outdoor viewing decks
Visit Hole in the Rock & Cape Brett Peninsular
Listen to the rich history of the bay
Informative commentary on board
Stop off at Otehei Bay on Urupukapuka Island
- Half day cruise around the Bay of Islands
- Viewing of dolphins, penguins and other marine wildlife
- The famous 'Hole in the Rock'
- Viewing of Cape Brett and the lighthouse
- Informative commentary
- Cruise past many of the 144 islands
- The largest outdoor viewing and seating decks in the Bay of Islands
- Stop off at Otehei Bay
- Lunch is not included. Food and drinks are available to purchase at Otehei Bay Café during the island stop at own expense
- Keep an eye out for dolphins, whales and other marine life during your cruise
- Take in the stunning views as we glide out through the islands
- Full commentary provided by your skipper
- Departs from the wharf, next to the Maritime Building, waterfront
- Morning Cruise: Departs 8.30am and returns at 11.30am
- Afternoon Cruise: Departs 2.00pm and returns 5pm
- Departs from the wharf, waterfront
- Morning Cruise: Departs 8.40am and returns at 11.40am
- Afternoon Cruise: Departs 2.10pm and returns at 5.10pm
What To Bring
- Swimming gear
- Sunhat and sunblock
- Warm clothes - Wear your swimsuit under your clothes for convenient changing
- Flat soled shoes
- A full commentary is provided in English by the skipper and crew. Printed guide sheets are available in German, Japanese and Mandarin
- If on the day of your cruise weather conditions are poor you can cancel prior to departure and receive a full refund OR choose to cruise another day
- In the unlikely event we are unsuccessful in viewing dolphins or whales on your trip, we will offer you a 'go again for free' voucher for another dolphin cruise (Subject to availability)
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Explore and discover Waimangu Volcanic Valley near Rotorua in New Zealand on a combined walk and boat cruise of the areas geothermal and cultural highlights
Visit 2 of Auckland's best attractions with this great value combo pass into SEA LIFE Kelly Tarlton's Aquarium and Auckland Zoo.
Located on the bank of the Wairoa River, Waimarino Adventure Park is a haven for all things recreational - book your admission to the park online today! Free entry for children under 5 years of age.
Buy tickets to Kelly Tarlton's SEA LIFE Aquarium in New Zealand - home of the sub-antarctic penguins and more - online at great prices here.
Puzzling World is a unique & award-winning Wanaka attraction, specialising in puzzles, optical illusions and mega mazes since 1973.
Explore Waitomo's three main cave systems with this bundle package combining the Waitomo Glowworm Caves, Ruakuri Cave and Aranui Cave for one great price. Free for kids under 4 years.
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!
16 Amazing Christmas Gift Ideas For Music Lovers In 2023
Looking for unique Christmas gift ideas for music lovers and musicians? Find best gifts for music lovers, that aren't just headphones or bluetooth speakers!