Day Pass including Guided Tour and Cultural Performance
The Treaty Grounds
The Museum of Waitangi
Live cultural performance
Valid for 2 days
Children under 18 FREE
- Access to Te Kongahu Museum
- Access to Te Rau Aroha Museum
- Guided Tour (50 mins)
- Cultural Performance (30 mins )
- Access to all historic sites and the world's largest war canoe.
- Visit New Zealand's most important historic site and enjoy the panoramic views of the beautiful Bay of Islands
- Bring your visit alive with a Guided Tour and a Cultural Performance
- The Museum of Waitangi enhances your Waitangi Treaty Grounds experience by introducing the story of the area and its people through the use of multi-media and visual displays
- Waitangi Treaty Grounds has a year round calendar of cultural performances, public events and displays of the nation’s most important historical treasures
- Extensive park-like grounds with abundant native bird life, heritage gardens, trees, and mangrove boardwalk
- Stunning sea views of the Bay of Islands
More about Guided Tour
- Learn more about the history, discover the stories, personalities and events that shaped New Zealand
- Duration 50 minutes
- Between 10am and 4pm
More about Cultural Performances
- The performance starts with a spine tingling challenge outside, followed by a full performance inside the carved Meeting House including waiata (singing), poi, stick games, Māori weaponry display and the famous haka
- Duration 30 minutes, plus time after the show to interact with the performers, ask questions and take photos
- Performance times are 11am, 1pm and 3pm
- Open every day except Christmas Day and Waitangi Day (6 February)
- From 26 December to 28 February: 9am to 6pm
- From 1 March to 24 December: 9am to 5pm
- From Auckland take State Highway One north, following the Twin Coast Discovery tourist route, 165 km to Whangarei. Continue on SH1 approximately 60 km further north, to the point where SH1 bends left to the town of Kawakawa. Follow the signs straight ahead at this junction, a further 15 km to Paihia. The waterfront road through Paihia arrives at a roundabout. Waitangi Treaty Grounds is signposted straight ahead, across a narrow vehicle bridge. Driving time approximately 3 hours
From Bay of Islands airport (Kerikeri)
- Drive south on State Highway 10 approximately 10 km. At the Puketona junction turn off left, signposted to Paihia, approximately 18 km to the oceanfront roundabout. Turn left to Waitangi Treaty Grounds
- New Zealand residents receive discounted admission (ID required)
- Children under 18 FREE
- Please note that activities, times and prices may be subject to change
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Explore and discover Waimangu Volcanic Valley near Rotorua in New Zealand on a combined walk and boat cruise of the areas geothermal and cultural highlights
Visit 2 of Auckland's best attractions with this great value combo pass into SEA LIFE Kelly Tarlton's Aquarium and Auckland Zoo.
Located on the bank of the Wairoa River, Waimarino Adventure Park is a haven for all things recreational - book your admission to the park online today! Free entry for children under 5 years of age.
Buy tickets to Kelly Tarlton's SEA LIFE Aquarium in New Zealand - home of the sub-antarctic penguins and more - online at great prices here.
Explore Waitomo's three main cave systems with this bundle package combining the Waitomo Glowworm Caves, Ruakuri Cave and Aranui Cave for one great price. Free for kids under 4 years.
Enjoy a day out on the water cruising the pristine Bay of Islands coastline during this five-hour dolphin and wildlife cruise from Tauranga.
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!
16 Amazing Christmas Gift Ideas For Music Lovers In 2023
Looking for unique Christmas gift ideas for music lovers and musicians? Find best gifts for music lovers, that aren't just headphones or bluetooth speakers!