Swim with Wild Dolphins in Bunbury - Summer Season
Swim with wild bottlenose dolphins
Enjoy a three hour eco cruise
3-4 hour guided swim tour
Available in summer from November to April only
Relax in the beautiful waters of Koombana Bay
Explore the Discovery Centre at your leisure
Grab your swimsuit and towel as you get ready for an intimate swim with wild dolphins in their natural environment in Koombana Bay near Bunbury with the Dolphin Discovery Centre. Explore and visually immerse yourself in the local marine environment as you learn all about the Bottlenose Dolphins that inhabit the region.
As an Advanced Eco Tourism attraction, the Discovery Centre does not hold captive dolphins on display but rather, you'll be meeting the wild dolphins of Koombana Bay to provide a window into the natural behaviours of the local population. The dolphin swimming tour operates in Summer from November to April with tours departing five days a week at 8am from the Dolphin Discovery Centre in Bunbury.
For a magical experience swimming with dolphins in Western Australia, book online here.
- 3–4 hour guided swim tour with our experienced guide
- Wetsuit, mask, snorkel and fins
- Buoyancy vest, if required
- Snack on board
- Water provided
- Swim with wild bottlenose dolphins
- Relax in the beautiful water in Koombana Bay
- Explore the discovery centre to learn more
- Run everyday during season (weather permitting)
- Tours start at 8:00am (approximately 30mins preparing for swim)
- Tours do not run on Christmas Day (25th December)
- Interaction Zone operated by volunteers through Discovery Centre everyday 8:00am - 4:00pm
- Please allow approximately 4 hours for this experience
- This experience departs from Lot 830 Koombana Drive, Bunbury, WA, 6230
What To Bring
- Bathers/swim suit
- Jumper/windcheater (something warm)
- Hat and sunscreen
- Don’t forget the camera!
- Medication (if you require during a 3-hour period)
- Minimum 8 paying Swimmers
- Maximum 20 Swimmers
- Maximum 4 Observers
- All children swimming must be accompanied by a swimming adult
- All children observing must be accompanied by an observing adult
- Contact the tour operator for any dietary requirements
- Contact the tour operator for any medical condition requirements
- Change your booking up to 24 hours before the start time of your experience
- Changes are not permitted within 24 hours of your experience
- Late arrivals or no shows may result in you forfeiting your experience
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Discover a range of magnificent sea creatures that frequent Koombana Bay with a visit to the Dolphin Discovery Centre in Bunbury.
Fly high over Monkey Mia taking in beautiful coastal sights before landing at a white sandy beach for dolphin encounters and 2.5 hours beach time!
Head out in the afternoon on this 2 hour whale watching cruise from Dunsborough to see the Humpbacks, Southern Rights and more. Departs at 2pm
Forget the David Attenborough doco, jump on this two hour Augusta whale watching cruise for a real life encounter with Humpback and Southern Right Whales.
Take to the water on this 90 minute dolphin discovery cruise within Koombana Bay to watch dolphins play and socialise in their natural environment.
The Geraldton Foreshore is the best place to find your (aquatic) wings. Try flyboarding on this extraordinary 30 minute experience for an epic thrill.
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
10 Amazing Gold Coast Play Centres To Visit This Summer
Discover the top Gold Coast indoor playgrounds and outdoor play centres perfect for families with kids and teens seeking fun and adventure.
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!