Sunset River Cruise on Murchison River Kalbarri
2.5 hour sunset river cruise in Kalbarri
Watch the sunset over the Indian Ocean
Spot a number of species of birdlife
A chance to take a stroll along the riverbank
Entertaining and informative commentary
Available November to May
Experience the tranquility and beauty of golden hour on a 2.5 hour sunset river cruise of the Murchison River. As you set off from Kalbarri, follow the channel upriver moving at a relaxing pace. The lower reaches of the river are home to a number of bird species putting on a spectacular show including Ospreys, Kites, Pelicans, Australian Shell Ducks and Black Swans to name a few.
At the midpoint of the sunset river cruise, pull up to shore and enjoy a stroll along the riverbank to snap some photos before returning for a leisurely cruise back to Kalbarri as the sun dips below the horizon. Sunset cruises are available from November to May. To marvel at the wonders of Kalbarri, book online here!
- 2.5 hour cruise
- Tea, coffee and milo with a yummy biscuit
- Cruise leisurely up the lower reaches of the Murchison
- See beautiful open spaces and river scenery
- Interesting and fun commentary is provided along the way
- Learn about the fishing industry, history and flora and fauna of the area
- Watch Sunset over the Indian Ocean
- This experience departs at 4:30pm
- Departure times are based on the timing of the high tide
- Please note: Times may also vary in season; correct departure time will display on your booking confirmation
- Available from November to May
- The duration of this experience is 2 hours and 30 minutes.
- Cruises depart 'Off the beach' in front of the Marine Rescue building (near the war memorial in Kalbarri) on Memorial Rd, Kalbarri WA 6536.
What To Bring
- Water or keep cup
- A jacket, coat or beanie (essential, depending on season)
- A hat, sunscreen, sunglasses
- Camera, binoculars
- Insect repellant, flynet
- All passengers are welcome to bring their own snacks onboard
- There's a licensed bar onboard (Special Facility license) with ice-cold beer, wine and champagne. No BYO drink/beverages
- Weather patterns, pressure systems and the time of year all have an effect on the water levels in the Murchison
- Minimum numbers are required for cruises to depart, participants will be contacted if minimum numbers are not met
- Experience provider reserves the right to cancel any scheduled cruise subject to weather conditions, unforeseen circumstances or minimum numbers
- Change your booking up to 24 hours before the start time of your experience
- Changes are not permitted within 24 hours of your experience
- Late arrivals or no shows may result in you forfeiting your experience
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Discover a range of magnificent sea creatures that frequent Koombana Bay with a visit to the Dolphin Discovery Centre in Bunbury.
Head out in the afternoon on this 2 hour whale watching cruise from Dunsborough to see the Humpbacks, Southern Rights and more. Departs at 2pm
The Geraldton Foreshore is the best place to find your (aquatic) wings. Try flyboarding on this extraordinary 30 minute experience for an epic thrill.
Forget the David Attenborough doco, jump on this two hour Augusta whale watching cruise for a real life encounter with Humpback and Southern Right Whales.
Take to the water on this 90 minute dolphin discovery cruise within Koombana Bay to watch dolphins play and socialise in their natural environment.
Fly high over Monkey Mia taking in beautiful coastal sights before landing at a white sandy beach for dolphin encounters and 2.5 hours beach time!
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
10 Amazing Gold Coast Play Centres To Visit This Summer
Discover the top Gold Coast indoor playgrounds and outdoor play centres perfect for families with kids and teens seeking fun and adventure.
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!