Freycinet Guided Walking Tour with Picnic Lunch departing from Freycinet National Park
What you need to know
Lace up the hiking boots and get ready to explore Freycinet National Park’s most popular spots on this 5.5 hour small group walking tour. Departing from Freycinet Lodge, begin the adventure traversing over The Hazards mountain range to a magnificent Wineglass Bay Lookout with breathtaking scenery unfolding before your eyes.
Marvel at the bay and capture incredible photographs before descending down to the pristine shores for an unforgettable morning tea at Wineglass Bay. After a warm cup of tea, coffee or hot chocolate and snacks, local guides will lead you West of the peninsula to Hazards Beach where you’ll learn about the unique wildlife and history of the area.
Re-energise with a picnic lunch in a secluded cove and take a moment to appreciate the natural beauty all around you. The half-day walking tour wraps up with one final adventure on a local aqua taxi back to Freycinet Lodge. Stare back at the peninsula and admire Freycinet National Park from a whole new perspective having traversed its tranquil paths and pristine shores.
- Half-day guided small group tour in Freycinet National Park
- Local, knowledgable and passionate guide
- Morning tea (tea, coffee, hot chocolate, muesli bars, cookie, fruit) at Wineglass Bay
- Gourmet picnic lunch including salads, an antipasto selection and freshly-baked bread
- Return transfer back to Freycinet Lodge via Freycinet Aqua Taxi
- This experience is 5.5 hours in duration
- Tour starts at 8:00 am and concludes at 1:30 pm
What To Bring
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes or boots (sandals, street shoes are not acceptable) and walking clothes. A hat and sunglasses are also required. It is recommended you bring bathers and a lightweight towel if you would like to go for a swim.
- This experience runs in all weather conditions. Your guide will contact the Aqua Taxi the evening before the tour to ensure the safest possible option is delivered to suit wind conditions.
- Unfortunately on rare occasions, it is unsuitable to use Aqua Taxi due to strong winds. There are a number of alternative itineraries and wet weather gear is provided.
- This experience is not wheelchair accessible.
Terms And Conditions
- Guests are required to have a moderate level of fitness and be able to walk approximately 10km with a lightweight day pack over varying terrain including rocky steps, sandy beaches and bushwalking trails
- National Parks Pass not included and can be purchased from the Freycinet National Parks Visitors *Centre, Freycinet Lodge or online. It is the guest's responsibility to be carrying a valid National Parks Pass
- There are weather contingencies in place to suit adverse weather conditions
- Each tour requires a minimum of two guests to depart
- You are welcome to reschedule your booking free of charge more than 7 days prior to departure. Within 7 days will incur a $75.00 change fee per person.
- Minimum of two and a maximum of eight participants. Each departure requires a minimum of two guests to depart. If you are booking as a solo walker and are the first to book on a date, the experience provider will advise that the trip is still pending until it reaches the minimum number. If still not guaranteed a week prior to departure, you will have the option to change dates or be refunded in full.
- There is no charge for adding additional information or name changes.
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements
Confirmation in the form of an e-voucher will be sent to your email at the time of purchase. Although we do our best to deliver it instantly, occasionally, this may take up to 6 hours for the e-voucher to be delivered. For any queries, please get in touch with us . We're always happy to help.