Marlborough Sounds Mail Boat Cruise from Picton
Departs from Picton
World-famous Mailboat Cruise
Half Day Cruise of Queen Charlotte Sounds
Meet the locals of the sounds
Unique and interesting tour
Relax with the skippers amazing wealth of knowledge
- 4 Hour Cruise around Queen Charlotte Sounds
- Delivering mail to the local residents; say hi to the kids waiting for their school work
- View the resident wildlife and marine mammals such as New Zealand Fur Seals and visiting dolphins
- Learn the history of Queen Charlotte Sound and its residents from your friendly skipper
- Come along with us on the Mail Boat Cruise and share the excitement of Mail Day as the skipper delivers the New Zealand Rural post bags, groceries and freight to the residents that call the Queen Charlotte Sound waterways home
- Keep your camera handy for any wildlife encounters!
- Summer Schedule: Departs Monday to Saturday at 1.30pm and returns at approximately 5:30pm
- Winter Schedule: Departs Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 1.30pm and returns approximately 5:00pm
- Please note during the winter due to a lesser number of deliveries and passenger drop-offs, the Mail Boat can sometimes return up to an hour earlier as travelling distances are reduced but you will still get the same great commentary
- Corner of London Quay and, Wellington St, Picton 7250, New Zealand
- Check-in is 30 minutes prior to departure.
- Child prices are valid for ages 5-14 years inclusive, infants travel free of charge with an adult.
- The cruise route of the sounds varies depending on the day you are booking, we recommend all guests check into the office 30 minutes prior to departure and our reservations team will confirm todays cruise route with you
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Mobile Vouchers are accepted! - Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Cruise vessel subject to change without notice
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control
- We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Grab a ticket to the best wildlife park in New Zealand's West Coast region - the West Coast Wildlife Centre - and see NZ's iconic bird, the Kiwi, up close! Free for kids under 5 years of age.
Swim with Dolphins with Black Cat Cruises in Akaroa near Christchurch. An unforgettable natural encounter with the world's friendliest Hector's Dolphins.
Take a nature cruise around the pristine waters of Akaroa, see the rare, New Zealand Hector’s Dolphin, the world’s smallest dolphin, fur seals and penguins! Free for children under the age of 5 years.
If the Abel Tasman National Park is in your must-see list then a scenic cruise through the region is your ideal trip.
Take a ride on this adventure park chairlift to see beautiful native flora and fauna and panoramic views of Christchurch city, Pacific Ocean and the Alps. Suitable for 4+ years old.
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!
16 Amazing Christmas Gift Ideas For Music Lovers In 2023
Looking for unique Christmas gift ideas for music lovers and musicians? Find best gifts for music lovers, that aren't just headphones or bluetooth speakers!