Jet Boating in Waiau Gorge
30-40 minute ride
80km per hour
360 degree spins
Adrenaline pumping fun
- 30-40 minute jet boat ride
- Life jacket and spray proof jacket if needed
- Join us as we jet the entire length of Hanmer’s spectacular Waiau Gorge. Enjoy the spectacular scenery, including narrow gorges, braided shallows and white water rapids…this trip has it all!
- Jetboat operates daily at 11.00am, 1.00pm and 3.00pm
Thrillseekers will operate more tours on demand, if possible
- 839 Hanmer Springs Road, Hanmer Springs 7360 New Zealand
What To Bring
- A warm jacket
- In winter hats and gloves also are a good idea
- The minimum age for jet boating is approximately 3 years, depending on the size of the child (must fit safety equipment)
- You may get a little spray, but not wet as such of this experience
- The jetboat travels up to 80km per hour
- Minimum numbers: 2 full paying adults (or the equivalent, e.g. 1 Adult, 2 kids)
- Maximum numbers: 17 in 1 boat, but we do have the options to use multiple boats / depending on the drivers available on the day
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience.
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Grab a ticket to the best wildlife park in New Zealand's West Coast region - the West Coast Wildlife Centre - and see NZ's iconic bird, the Kiwi, up close! Free for kids under 5 years of age.
Swim with Dolphins with Black Cat Cruises in Akaroa near Christchurch. An unforgettable natural encounter with the world's friendliest Hector's Dolphins.
If the Abel Tasman National Park is in your must-see list then a scenic cruise through the region is your ideal trip.
Take a ride on this adventure park chairlift to see beautiful native flora and fauna and panoramic views of Christchurch city, Pacific Ocean and the Alps. Suitable for 4+ years old.
Take a nature cruise around the pristine waters of Akaroa, see the rare, New Zealand Hector’s Dolphin, the world’s smallest dolphin, fur seals and penguins! Free for children under the age of 5 years.
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!
16 Amazing Christmas Gift Ideas For Music Lovers In 2023
Looking for unique Christmas gift ideas for music lovers and musicians? Find best gifts for music lovers, that aren't just headphones or bluetooth speakers!