Fox Glacier and Mount Cook 30 minute Helicopter Flight
Fly the entire length of the Fox Glacier
Soar at eye level against the west face of Aoraki/Mount Cook
30 minute flight
Helicopter Landing on the snow
Fly with a company that has over 27 years of experience operating in NZ's alpine environment
Explore two of New Zealand’s south island’s most famous natural sites on the Fox Glacier to Mount Cook Helicopter Flight! Fly across all of the 13 km long Fox Glacier, enjoying aerial views of its many valleys and unique ice formations, until you near the magnificent Mount Cook and soar at eye level with its west face. After viewing Mount Cook from the air, you have the opportunity to land—right on the glacier snow! Finally, back on the helicopter, you begin to descend into the spectacular Glacier Valley, leaving the mountains trailing behind you. The 30 minute Fox Glacier to Mount Cook Helicopter Flight adventure is the ultimate glacial experience!
- Imagine flying the entire length of the Fox Glacier, then soaring at eye level against the west face of Aoraki/Mount Cook.
- There's time for a glacier snow landing before descendingthe Glacier Valley, with the mountains behind - conquered!
- This is approximately a 30 minute flight and includes a snow landing.
- All flight tours depart from and return to Fox township
- Flights operate almost every 30 minutes between 8am and 5.50pm and are subject to weather and availability
- On all scenic flights, minimum numbers apply of 3 passengers. Individual bookings may be combined if neccessary to achieve minimum numbers.
- Glacier Helicopters carry a maximum of six passengers per flight.
- On occasion, map routes may change at the pilots' discretion. We will keep you informed of any changes to the published information.
- A child is 4-14 years. Infants up to 3 years are FOC and are required to sit on an adult's knee. Children must be accompanied by a fee paying adult.
- Should inclement weather prevent a flight at the booked location, the same prepaid voucher will be accepted at any of the aviation bases for a flight of similar duration and price.
- Customers wanting to make changes to dates or time of departure are required to contact the relevant operating base by 9.00am on the day of departure.
- No refund will be given for no shows or changes made less than 48 hours prior to departure.
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Grab a ticket to the best wildlife park in New Zealand's West Coast region - the West Coast Wildlife Centre - and see NZ's iconic bird, the Kiwi, up close! Free for kids under 5 years of age.
Swim with Dolphins with Black Cat Cruises in Akaroa near Christchurch. An unforgettable natural encounter with the world's friendliest Hector's Dolphins.
If the Abel Tasman National Park is in your must-see list then a scenic cruise through the region is your ideal trip.
Take a ride on this adventure park chairlift to see beautiful native flora and fauna and panoramic views of Christchurch city, Pacific Ocean and the Alps. Suitable for 4+ years old.
Take a nature cruise around the pristine waters of Akaroa, see the rare, New Zealand Hector’s Dolphin, the world’s smallest dolphin, fur seals and penguins! Free for children under the age of 5 years.
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
10 Amazing Gold Coast Play Centres To Visit This Summer
Discover the top Gold Coast indoor playgrounds and outdoor play centres perfect for families with kids and teens seeking fun and adventure.
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!