30 Minute Kaikoura Whale Watch Seaplane Flight
Allows each person their own window seat and optimal viewing
Learn more about Kaikoura’s resident Sperm Whales and other marine mammal species during a 15 minute pre-flight information and safety briefing
Whales and dolphins are orbited at a height of 150 metres giving passengers the opportunity to clearly see and photograph these incredible creatures
Accommodates 7 passengers comfortably, each with their own window seat
- 30 Minute Kaikoura Whale Watch Seaplane Flight
- 15 minute pre-flight information and safety briefing
- View the entire whale from head to tail as he breathes on the surface of the ocean
- Offers a unique perspective and the opportunity to view whales and dolphins in their natural environment
- Experience the true magnitude of the world’s largest mammal
- Passengers have the opportunity to photograph whales and dolphins from 150 metres above
- Aircraft equipped with emergency life rafts, personal locator beacons and each passenger carries their own life jacket
- Allows each person their own window seat and optimal viewing
- Learn more about Kaikoura’s resident Sperm Whales and other marine mammal species during a 15 minute pre-flight information and safety briefing
- Whales and dolphins are orbited at a height of 150 metres giving passengers the opportunity to clearly see and photograph these incredible creatures
- Accommodates 7 passengers comfortably, each with their own window seat
- Flights operate daily at 9am, 10am, 11am, 12pm, 1pm, 2pm, 3pm and 4pm (subject to weather and availability)
- Passengers require to check in 20 minutes prior to flight departure
- No flights on Christmas Day
- Approximately 30 minutes
- Airport Helipad is located 617 State Highway 1, Peketa, Kaikoura 7374
- Free Car Parking Available
What To Bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Warm clothing
- All whale watching flights are subject to suitable weather conditions
- These flights are suitable for individuals who suffer from sea sickness
- The maximum weight limit per passenger is 135 kg
- All whale watching flights are carried out in accordance with Department of Conservation Marine Mammal Regulations
- Fully wheelchair accessible and can happily accommodate the elderly and those with limited mobility on all flights
- Infants under 3 years of age are able to fly free of charge, provided they are seated on a parent or caregiver’s lap. Only one infant per adult is permitted
- No refunds are offered on completed flights. We ask passengers to understand that whales and dolphins are wild animals free to roam in their natural environment and for this reason whale sightings cannot be guaranteed with no refund given on the basis of no sighting being made
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- To reconfirm your reservation, you are required to call the operator (contact details will be on your voucher) the day prior to flying
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on the day of flight
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Grab a ticket to the best wildlife park in New Zealand's West Coast region - the West Coast Wildlife Centre - and see NZ's iconic bird, the Kiwi, up close! Free for kids under 5 years of age.
Visit the relaxation haven of Hanmer Springs with your choice of two great value passes and let the powers of thermal water cleanse your body and soul.
Take a nature cruise around the pristine waters of Akaroa, see the rare, New Zealand Hector’s Dolphin, the world’s smallest dolphin, fur seals and penguins! Free for children under the age of 5 years.
Swim with Dolphins with Black Cat Cruises in Akaroa near Christchurch. An unforgettable natural encounter with the world's friendliest Hector's Dolphins.
If the Abel Tasman National Park is in your must-see list then a scenic cruise through the region is your ideal trip.
Take a ride on this adventure park chairlift to see beautiful native flora and fauna and panoramic views of Christchurch city, Pacific Ocean and the Alps. Suitable for 4+ years old.
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!
16 Amazing Christmas Gift Ideas For Music Lovers In 2023
Looking for unique Christmas gift ideas for music lovers and musicians? Find best gifts for music lovers, that aren't just headphones or bluetooth speakers!