Museum Of Underwater Art And Great Barrier Reef Diving Day Trip
Dive the Great Barrier Reef
Custom built dive vessel
Visit to the Museum of Underwater Art
Experienced & professional crew
Shady, sundeck, toilet & shower onboard
As the first of its kind in the Southern hemisphere, the Museum of Underwater Art (MOUA) will act to highlight reef conservation, restoration, and education on a global scale. The Coral Greenhouse – first submerged building design by world-class artist Jason deCaires Taylor is a bucket list trip no one should miss!
Surrounding the Museum of Underwater Art is an amazing coral reef bursting with a plethora of marine life. The bright and beautiful colours are the perfect backdrop for the museum and the location provides the perfect blend of man-made and natures art.
With plenty of reef nearby to explore and depths ranging from 1 to 20 metres, it is ideal for beginner and experienced divers. Discover how the Great Barrier Reef is managed and what work is being done to protect it.
If you're looking for a reef diving experience in the Townsville region, this Outer Great Barrier Reef and MOUA dive tour offers a full day of marine exploration in some of the best areas of the Great Barrier Reef. Departing from either Townsville or Magnetic Island, you'll join your friendly crew onboard above a comfortable, modern vessel and head for the more pristine, outer areas of the reef to a range of outstanding dive spots known for both their array of marine life and high degree of visibility.
Each dive site has some of its own charm to offer, but during your diving experience you will come across the likes of turtles, stingrays, white-tip reef sharks and a seemingly-endless array of colourful fish. With a range of dive terrain to explore - everything from large plate and staghorn coral structures with small caves to prolific open coral reefs and everything in between, it's a Great Barrier Reef diving experience that covers every part of the diving spectrum. Whether you're an advanced diver or only newly certified, book this Townsville diving tour today and you'll be able to discover why this area off the coast of North Queensland is one of the most interesting dive sites in the country - and with drinks, morning tea, lunch, and afternoon tea, full dive gear hire and more included you'll have everything you need for an unforgettable marine adventure!
* All travellers need to show proof of double vaccination before joining the trips. Failure to provide proof of a double vaccination will result in the customer not being able to board the vessel and no refund will be issued
* Guests may bring own snacks and lunch
* Cold water, cordial, tea and coffee still available on board
- Full day trip to the Central Section of the Great Barrier Reef
- A Visit to world-class Museum Of underwater Art (MOUA)
- Experienced and passionate crew
- Morning Tea, afternoon tea and a cold buffet style lunch
- Cold water, cordial, tea and coffee
- All scuba dive equipment
- 2 certified dives
- MOUA and Mooring fees
- Hotel transfers
- Dive some of the best sites of the Great Barrier Reef
- Visit the world-class Museum Of Underwater Art (MOUA)
- Be surrounded by a company of colourful reef fist, turtles, stingrays and more
- Tours depart on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays
- Departs from Breakwater Ferry Terminal, Townsville at approx. 7am
- Departs Nelly Bay Marina, Magnetic Island at 7.50am
- Please allow a full day for this experience
What To Bring
- Proof of diving certification
- Minimum age of 10 years
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- Mobile Vouchers are accepted! - Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Cruise vessel subject to change without notice
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control
- We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Take your family on an adventure to discover Wallaman Falls, Australia's tallest waterfall! Enjoy a great hike, stunning place and exotic wildlife!
Set sail on this Magnetic Island sailing cruise to explore the secluded bays of the island and dine on a delicious seafood lunch.
See what all the fuss is about by booking your trip on the Magnetic Island Ferry today and get a dose of fun in the sun in a spectacular reef environment!
This extended 45 minute helicopter flight from Townsville takes you on an airborne journey along the rugged coastline to the Cape Cleveland Lighthouse.
Hop aboard a comfortable vessel and head to the Outer Great Barrier Reef for some of the best snorkelling in QLD on this full day tour from Townsville.
View the jewel in Townsville's crown, Magnetic Island, from the air on a 30 minute scenic flight that offers spectacular views of its greenery and waters.
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
10 Amazing Gold Coast Play Centres To Visit This Summer
Discover the top Gold Coast indoor playgrounds and outdoor play centres perfect for families with kids and teens seeking fun and adventure.
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!