Hook A Barra Fishing and Farm Tour
Discover the operations of a sustainable Barramundi fish farm
Behind-the-scenes tour of the Daintree Saltwater Barramundi Farm
Devour an exquisite tasting plate of seasonal Barramundi produce
Groups kept small for a personal experience
Opportunity to feed the Barramundi and learn how to fillet a fish
Wander around the farm and learn about sustainable fishing
- Catch and release fishing
- Small group Barramundi Farm Tour.
- Meet and greet the local farmers of this sustainable farm
- Feed some of the Barramundi in the ponds
- Check-in and help weigh the fish
- Learn how to fillet a fish correctly
- Gourmet tasting platter, showcasing our award-winning Sashimi, Gyoza. Battered, Grilled. Smoked.
The tour usually commence at 9am, but departure times and farm experiences will depend on the farm’s seasonal workload.
Hook-A-Barra is located on the Daintree Saltwater Barramundi Farm, which is Lot 3, Vixies Road, Wonga Beach, Queensland. We are about a 90 minute drive from Cairns, or about 30 minutes north of Port Douglas. Guests need to self-drive or make their own way to here, as there is no public transport or transfer service available at this time.
What To Bring
Everything is provided. Hook-a-Barra has a huge range of quality gear, including a specialist selection of lures with everything from hard bodied minnows to soft plastics, poppers and paddle tails, and a fly-fishing option for expert anglers. Add sunscreen, sunnies and caps.
There are just two golden rules:
- We cannot allow personal rods and tackle to be used in our ponds because they create a bio-security risk to our entire farm.
- We don’t allow treble hooks and use only single, barbless hooks to protect our fish from needless injury
The Ultimate Hook-A-Barra Fishing and Farm Tour gives you the full Daintree Saltwater Barramundi Farm Experience by combining our Hook-A-Barra Fishing Experience and Gourmet Farm Tours into one complete package.
This fun and informative experience includes one hour of catch and release Barra fishing with all equipment, tackle, bait and tuition, plus a small group, guided tour behind the scenes of the farm accompanied by a Daintree Saltwater Barramundi Tasting Plate.
Our expert guides will help you perfect your techniques, land your spoils and help you learn all about farming this iconic species.
The Ultimate Hook-A-Barra Fishing and Farm Tour is suitable for all ages and abilities.
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Explore the charming rainforest village of Kuranda on this day tour from Port Douglas and Cairns Northern Beaches. Full day and half day options available.
Join us on a 60 minute Daintree River cruise to explore the ancient waterways of the world heritage listed landmark and meet some of the famous crocodiles.
Travel deep into the Daintree rainforest on this 60-minute wildlife nature cruise to spot crocodiles and uncover the secrets of this unique ecosystem.
Take a guided dreamtime walk by indigenous elders when you visit the Mossman Gorge. Discover the stories, legends and exclusive access to Kuku Yala land.
Book here to enjoy a delicious breakfast with the tropical birds at Wildlife Habitat Port Douglas. Entry tickets to the park are included.
Enjoy a half day of fun on the Barron River with this exhilarating whitewater rafting adventure! Transfers from Port Douglas hotels are included.
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!
16 Amazing Christmas Gift Ideas For Music Lovers In 2023
Looking for unique Christmas gift ideas for music lovers and musicians? Find best gifts for music lovers, that aren't just headphones or bluetooth speakers!