Port Douglas Classic Hot Air Balloon Flight
Classic hot air balloon flight (minimum 40 minute flight)
Fly gently over the Atherton Tablelands
Informative commentary, great photos!
Receive a balloon flight certificate
- Classic Hot Air Balloon Flight (minimum 40 minute flight)
- Expert interpretive commentary
- Glass of sparkling wine or juice with pilots upon landing
- Hot Air Balloon Ride Commemorative Certificate
- $30 Civil Aviation Insurance Levy
- FREE Digital photo package
- Transfers from Port Douglas accommodation. This is a self-drive tour only so you are required to drive your own vehicle to the departure point which is the Mareeba Heritage Centre, 345 Byrnes St, Mareeba
- Fun and unique sensation of a Hot Air Balloon ride
- Fly gently over the Atherton Tablelands
- Enjoy the picturesque landscape at dawn
- Breathe in the wide-open spaces
- Tours depart between approximately 4am - 5am from the departure point at Mareeba Heritage Centre, 345 Byrnes St, Mareeba
What To Bring
- Walking shoes
- Dress casual outdoor layered clothing. White clothing not recommended
- Peak Hat
- The Operator recommends that pregnant persons do not fly in a hot air balloon and will not carry passengers who are pregnant. Passengers who suspect they may be pregnant should check with their doctor before travel
- The operator may choose to cancel due to bad weather if safety becomes an issue. If this occurs you will be given a choice to change your booking to another date or be offered a full refund
- Children must be a minimum of FOUR years old to travel on the balloon flight and children up to the age of TWELVE years old must be accompanied by a responsible adult on the balloon flight. Children aged THIRTEEN to SEVENTEEN years old can travel on the balloon flight by themselves, but must be accompanied by a responsible adult for the rest of the tour including bus transfers. Children less then FOUR years old may travel with their parents on the tour, but must remain on the ground in the company of at least one parent while the other parent takes the balloon flight and in this situation the parents have the option to fly on successive balloon flights when available. Adult prices will apply from FIFTEEN (15) years old
- It is ESSENTIAL at the time of booking that you enter in a mobile contact number (international is ok), to ensure you are contactable whilst on holidays. This will ensure that if we need to get in contact with you due to weather or departure changes we can
- All times are an indication only. Please note that times do change depending on the season and exact start times will be given upon receipt of your booking
- It is highly recommended to reconfirm your booking on arrival to Port Douglas and confirm your exact departure time. For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details are included on your tour voucher
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on the day of the tour. Vouchers presented on a mobile device are also accepted
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control. We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Travel deep into the Daintree rainforest on this 60-minute wildlife nature cruise to spot crocodiles and uncover the secrets of this unique ecosystem.
Take a guided dreamtime walk by indigenous elders when you visit the Mossman Gorge. Discover the stories, legends and exclusive access to Kuku Yala land.
Explore the charming rainforest village of Kuranda on this day tour from Port Douglas and Cairns Northern Beaches. Full day and half day options available.
Join us on a 60 minute Daintree River cruise to explore the ancient waterways of the world heritage listed landmark and meet some of the famous crocodiles.
Book here to enjoy a delicious breakfast with the tropical birds at Wildlife Habitat Port Douglas. Entry tickets to the park are included.
Enjoy a half day of fun on the Barron River with this exhilarating whitewater rafting adventure! Transfers from Port Douglas hotels are included.
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!
16 Amazing Christmas Gift Ideas For Music Lovers In 2023
Looking for unique Christmas gift ideas for music lovers and musicians? Find best gifts for music lovers, that aren't just headphones or bluetooth speakers!