2022 What Matters? Kids Writing Competition
What Matters? writing competition for kids and teens aims to inspire young writers to develop a unique perspective and point of view on where we are heading as a society.
What Matters? What do you, as a young writer, care most about in this world?
In this writing competition, you are free to express your views on any topic you are passionate about, be it social justice, environmental protection or anything else you'd like to raise your voice about.
Your work can be fiction or non-fiction, prose or poetry, and no more than 600 words. Make it powerful - challenge readers, inspire them, call for change. Most importantly - be authentic. Be yourself. Share your opinion of what matters most to you.
You can win these amazing prizes:
- All entrants - certificate of participation
- Overall competition winner - trophy + $1000 cash + special package from MoAD (Museum of Australian Democracy)
- Years 5/6 and 7/8 category winners - $350 each + book pack from Allen & Unwin + full-day creative workshop by The Writing Workshop
- Years 5/6 and 7/8 runners up - $200 each + book pack from Allen & Unwin + full-day creative workshop by The Writing Workshop
- Year 9/10 category winner - $350 + book pack from Allen & Unwin + ReachOut tailored program + opportunity to produce a feature article for the ReachOut website for $200
- Year 11/12 category winner - $350 + book pack from Allen & Unwin + 1-year membership to Writing NSW + one-day writing workshop opportunity
- Artistic Merit Award for works that are imaginative and have exceptionally creative use of language and/or an outstanding concept -private session with a published author who reviews the work and gives advice on creating a first novel and having a career in writing
Terms & Conditions
Australian students in years 5 to 12 can enter this kids writing competition. Closing date for entry is 6 May 2022.