Whitsundays 60 Minute Scenic Flight
60 Minute Scenic Flight
The Great Barrier Reef
View of the Whitsundays, Hamilton Island, Whitehaven Beach
Hayman, Hook and Daydream Islands
Spend an hour flying high above the beautiful Whitsundays and Great Barrier Reef with this scenic flight package. One of the most popular flight options, it's really not hard to understand why once you're off the ground. From sights of Shute Harbour, Hamilton Island, Daydream Island, Hook Island through to the Great Barrier Reef's Heart Reef and Hook Reef, your eyes are in for a treat! Not to forget Australia's number 1 beach, and one of the world's most favoured, incredible Whitehaven Beach and Hill Inlet with its pure white sands and surrounding perfectly coloured crystal clear, aqua waters. This scenic flight truly does cover it all!
With flights available any time between 8am and 4pm (subject to availability), you have the freedom to discover the Whitsundays and Great Barrier Reef at whatever time you desire. Experience Tropical North Queensland at its peak as swimmers snorkel and dive below, boats travel the waterways and holiday makers relax on the sanded shores of the islands with a midday flight. Or opt for an early morning or late afternoon flight and witness the magic and serenity of the Whitsundays and Great Barrier Reef as you enjoy views of relatively empty waterways.
This scenic flight package includes guaranteed window seats, in flight pilot commentary as well as courtesy bus transfers to and from Airlie Beach accommodation, town centre or nominated locations. If you would prefer to make your own way to the departure point, flights leave from Whitsundays Airport at the main airport terminal near the baggage claim. Despite a 35 passenger capacity, each flight has a maximum of 7 passengers ensuring you a personalised flight. There is a minimum requirement of 2 passengers for the flight to operate. The ideal way to start your dream holiday, or to even end an already perfect trip, this 60 minute scenic flight is the must add addition to any itinerary!
All passengers MUST provide the below information at the time of booking
- ALL passenger first and last names
- ALL passenger weights (in kg)
- 60 Minute Scenic Flight
- Courtesy bus (mainland only)
- In flight commentary (English)
- Bird’s eye view of some the most famous Whitsunday Islands
- The white sands of Whitehaven Beach
- Experience from the air the Great Barrier Reef is one of the seven natural wonders of the World, the amazing contrast of colours
- The heart of the Great Barrier Reef to your door and gives you the ultimate view of the Whitsundays
- Sights include Shute Harbour, Hamilton Island, Hill Inlet, Whitehaven Beach, Heart Reef, Hook Reef, Hayman Island, Hook Island, and Daydream Island
- Flights might be available from 8am until 4pm (on request)
- Departure times to be determined upon booking
- Scenic flight departs from Whitsunday Coast Airport, Lascelles Ave, Gunyarra QLD
If you have booked a hotel
- Prior to completing your purchase, enter your hotel name in the 'Add Booking Notes' section of the shopping cart. Once your booking is confirmed, you will receive a confirmation tour voucher with complete tour operator details. You will be required to contact the tour operator a minimum of 48hrs prior to your day of travel to reconfirm your hotel pick up time
If you have not yet booked a hotel
- If you have not yet booked a hotel, enter the words 'hotel not known' in the 'Add Booking Notes' section of the shopping cart. Once your booking is confirmed, you will receive a confirmation tour voucher with complete tour operator details. You will be required to contact the tour operator a minimum of 48hrs prior to your day of travel to reconfirm your hotel pick up time
If you do not require a hotel pick up
- If you do not require a hotel pick up and will be meeting the tour at the tour departure point, enter the words 'not required' in the 'Add Booking Notes' section of the shopping cart. Once your booking is confirmed, you will receive a confirmation tour voucher with complete tour operator details. You will be required to contact the tour operator a minimum of 48hrs prior to your day of travel to reconfirm your tour. Tour departure point is listed above and on your confirmation tour voucher
- Confirmation of your booking and exact flight time MUST be reconfirmed with the tour operator upon receiving your tour voucher. Complete tour operator details will appear on your tour voucher
- Minimum passenger numbers are required in order to operate each flight
- All passenger approximate weights MUST be advised at time of booking
- Prices listed on this site are per person
- Courtesy bus subject to availability; passengers that do not arrive at their pick up location on time may be classed as no-show
- There is a 125kg weight limit per individual passenger
- Children must be over 2 years of age to participate in this flight
- 100% cancellation fee applies for cancellations, no shows, or booking changes within 24 hours of departure
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- Mobile Vouchers are accepted! - Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Flights operate daily except Christmas Day 25 December. At the completion of purchase, you MUST contact the tour operator to book in a flight time that suits you (Tour Operator details will be printed in your tour voucher)
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control
- We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Go beyond the sand of the Whitsundays and head deep into its majestic greenery with this guided rainforest Segway tour into the Conway National Park.
If you are short on time then this afternoon tour is perfect to give you a taste of the Whitsundays and the famous Whitehaven Beach!
Unwind after a day in paradise on this sunset sail around Pioneer Bay in Airlie Beach with all-inclusive alcoholic beverages and antipasto platter.
Experience the best of the Whitsundays with this small group tour. Snorkel the coral reef, walk the Hill Inlet and spend 1.5hrs on Whitehaven Beach.
Sit back, relax and enjoy a leisurely and scenic cruise through spectacular Whitsunday Islands, passing by Daydream Island and Hamilton Island Marina.
Certified scuba divers are in for a treat on this double dive adventure in the Whitsundays. Discover a diverse range of coral and marine life in the sea!
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
10 Amazing Gold Coast Play Centres To Visit This Summer
Discover the top Gold Coast indoor playgrounds and outdoor play centres perfect for families with kids and teens seeking fun and adventure.
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!