West Coast Wildlife Centre Day Pass
What you need to know
The true "Home of the Kiwi" in New Zealand, the West Coast Wildlife Centre on NZ's South Island is an essential stop on any holiday itinerary in the region looking for an authentic New Zealand experience! Of all the five different species of Kiwi, the Wildlife Centre is home to the rarest - the Rowi and the Haast Tokoeka - which have become endangered due to a combination of predators and habitat destruction. See these extremely cute birds face to face, all within a beautiful natural setting that encapsulates the best possible combination of New Zealand's famous flora and fauna.
The West Coast Wildlife Centre also rekindles the cultural aspect of the region, bringing to life stories of the West Coast's original inhabitants that range from the distant past evolution of Franz Josef Glacier through to more modern times with the inception of hunting and gold-mining. Grab a ticket to this great facility and see New Zealand's icon on full display at the West Coast Wildlife Centre!
- All day pass
- Food and beverages
- New Zealand’s rarest kiwi
- Kids interactive tour
- West coast wildlife movies
- Fascinating West Coast story telling
- From the rich history surrounding gold-mining and hunting, through to the incredible evolution of the famous Franz Josef glacier itself
- Features indoor attraction with rowi kiwi, café and retail shop
- The indoor attraction is suitable for guests of all ages
- Open every day of the year from 8.30am including Christmas Day
- October - March: 8.30am - 8.00pm
- April - September: 8.30am - 6.00pm
- Set aside 45 minutes for your visit, but your ticket allows unlimited entry within 24 hours
- If you are interested in a behind the scenes tour, allow half an hour for a guided tour through our incubation facility
- Suggested visit duration is 1 - 2 hours
- Child rate applies to children between 5-15years old. Children under 5 can enter free of charge
- From Christchurch International Airport follow the signs to Arthurs Pass and the West Coast
- Travel through Hokitika and you will find us just 90 minutes south of Hokitika on the road down to Haast and Queenstown
Kiwi Backstage Pass
- See the world’s rarest kiwi – up close and personal
- This is an optional extra after purchasing your entry ticket
- Meet our kiwi wildlife ranger
- Your exclusive and personal “behind the scenes tour” to see the world’s rarest kiwis breeding and incubation programme
- Tours depart at 11:00am, 12:30pm, 2:30pm and 4:00pm daily.
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of your purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience.
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
West Coast Wildlife Centre Day PassCowan St, Franz Josef Glacier, NZ 7886