Fox & Franz Josef Glaciers and Mount Cook 40 minute Helicopter Flight
What you need to know
Explore one of New Zealand’s south island’s icons - Southern Alps - from the air on this scenic helicopter flight! This 40-minute adventure is the ultimate glacial experience.
Board the helicopter, quickly rise and you’re off! Fly higher along the spine of the Southern Alps and circle the very peak of the awe-inspiring Aoraki/Mount Cook, enjoy views from the ocean to the Alps along the way. Finally, the helicopter drops, landing right on a glacier snowfield, where you can explore, snap awesome photos and play in the snow! The Mountain Scenic Spectacular with Glacier Landing is an exhilarating way to experience the natural icon!
- The ultimate glacial experience - this flight tours covers it all! Glacial icefalls, crevasses and neves, views from ocean to alps. Cross the Southern Alps spine and circle the peak of magnificent Aoraki/Mount Cook.
- Get your camera ready for the spectacular snow landing.
- This is approximately a 40 minute flight and includes a snow landing.
- All flight tours depart from and return to Fox and Franz Josef townships
- Flights operate almost every 30 minutes between 8am and 5.50pm and are subject to weather and availability
- A courtesy coach is available to pick up and drop off for passengers that are not walking distance to town or for passengers with disabilities
- On all scenic flights, minimum numbers apply of 3 passengers. Individual bookings may be combined if neccessary to achieve minimum numbers.
- Glacier Helicopters carry a maximum of six passengers per flight.
- On occasion, map routes may change at the pilots' discretion. We will keep you informed of any changes to the published information.
- A child is 4-14 years. Infants up to 3 years are FOC and are required to sit on an adult's knee. Children must be accompanied by a fee paying adult.
- Should inclement weather prevent a flight at the booked location, the same prepaid voucher will be accepted at any of the aviation bases for a flight of similar duration and price.
- Customers wanting to make changes to dates or time of departure are required to contact the relevant operating base by 9.00am on the day of departure.
- No refund will be given for no shows or changes made less than 48 hours prior to departure.
Confirmation in the form of an e-voucher will be sent to your email at the time of purchase. Although we do our best to deliver it instantly, occasionally, this may take up to 6 hours for the e-voucher to be delivered. For any queries, please get in touch with us . We're always happy to help.