Fox Glacier and Mount Cook Helicopter Flight
What you need to know
Explore two of New Zealand’s south island’s most famous natural sites on the Fox Glacier to Mount Cook Helicopter Flight! Fly across all of the 13 km long Fox Glacier, enjoying aerial views of its many valleys and unique ice formations, until you near the magnificent Mount Cook and soar at eye level with its west face. After viewing Mount Cook from the air, you have the opportunity to land—right on the glacier snow! Finally, back on the helicopter, you begin to descend into the spectacular Glacier Valley, leaving the mountains trailing behind you. The 30 minute Fox Glacier to Mount Cook Helicopter Flight adventure is the ultimate glacial experience!
- Imagine flying the entire length of the Fox Glacier, then soaring at eye level against the west face of Aoraki/Mount Cook.
- There's time for a glacier snow landing before descendingthe Glacier Valley, with the mountains behind - conquered!
- This is approximately a 30 minute flight and includes a snow landing.
- All flight tours depart from and return to Fox township
- Flights operate almost every 30 minutes between 8am and 5.50pm and are subject to weather and availability
- A courtesy coach is available to pick up and drop off for passengers that are not walking distance to town or for passengers with disabilities
- On all scenic flights, minimum numbers apply of 3 passengers. Individual bookings may be combined if neccessary to achieve minimum numbers.
- Glacier Helicopters carry a maximum of six passengers per flight.
- On occasion, map routes may change at the pilots' discretion. We will keep you informed of any changes to the published information.
- A child is 4-14 years. Infants up to 3 years are FOC and are required to sit on an adult's knee. Children must be accompanied by a fee paying adult.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- Should inclement weather prevent a flight at the booked location, the same prepaid voucher will be accepted at any of the aviation bases for a flight of similar duration and price.
- Customers wanting to make changes to dates or time of departure are required to contact the relevant operating base by 9.00am on the day of departure.
- No refund will be given for no shows or changes made less than 48 hours prior to departure.
Fox Glacier and Mount Cook Helicopter FlightMain Road, Franz Josef, NZ 7886