Fox and Franz Josef Glacier 30 minute Helicopter Flight
What you need to know
Explore two spectacular glaciers from above and actually land on one of them on this Fox and Franz Josef Twin Glacier with Glacier Landing Helicopter Adventure! These glaciers, sandwiched between the Tasman Sea and the Southern Alps on the West Coast of New Zealand’s South Island, are the most low-lying of their type in the world and are incredible sites to explore.
Begin your adventure at the base of one of the glaciers, where you board the helicopter. Fly above the extraordinary alpine region, viewing the glacial icefalls and the unusual and impressive formations. After viewing it from above, you have the opportunity to experience it first hand when you land on one of the glacier’s snowfields! Roam the snowfield, take stunning photos, make snow angels and have a snowball fight! This 30-minute adventure will surely last a lifetime in your memory!
- Explore the glacial icefalls of not one but two glaciers - Fox Glacier and Franz Josef Glacier
- Discover up close their neve and unusual ice formations - landing on the snowfields is a highlight and will make for superb photos, snowballs and memories
- Complimentary accommodation pick-up (if required)
- This is approximately a 30 minute flight and includes a snow landing
- All flight tours depart from and return to Fox and Franz Josef townships
- Flights operate almost every 30 minutes between 8am and 5.50pm and are subject to weather and availability
- A courtesy coach is available to pick up and drop off for passengers that are not walking distance to town or for passengers with disabilities
- On all scenic flights, minimum numbers apply of 3 passengers. Individual bookings may be combined if neccessary to achieve minimum numbers
- Glacier Helicopters carry a maximum of six passengers per flight
- On occasion, map routes may change at the pilots' discretion. We will keep you informed of any changes to the published information
- A child is 4-14 years. Infants up to 3 years are FOC and are required to sit on an adult's knee. Children must be accompanied by a fee paying adult
- Both Franz and Fox bases have parking available on the street
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- Should inclement weather prevent a flight at the booked location, the same prepaid voucher will be accepted at any of the aviation bases for a flight of similar duration and price if you wish otherwise a full refund will be issued
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control. We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements
- Prices are seasonal and are constantly changing. The from price displayed may not always be the price you are going to pay, as once you click on your specified date, the price will change to reflect the price for that date/season. Please note that in some cases where you cannot click on a date to obtain the price, please call us so we can assist you.
Fox and Franz Josef Glacier 30 minute Helicopter FlightMain Road, Franz Josef, NZ 7886