Lord of the Rings Half Day Tour
What you need to know
The ideal Lord of the Rings tour for those shorter on time, with this itinerary you'll visit scenes of the "true" Middle Earth with a tour that keeps things closer to Wellington City while still following in the imagined footsteps of Men, Dwarves, Elves and - of course - Hobbits! Joining your friendly tour guides in a small group that ensures you get maximum personalisation, you'll be taken from Wellington into the heart of New Zealand's famous scenery either in the morning at 8:30am or in the afternoon at 1:30pm (your choice of morning or afternoon tour). Along the way, you'll get to visit various famous Lord of the Rings locations in Wellington, heading out to Mt Victoria offering great views of the city and harbour before driving down to the Green Belt, strolling through lush NZ forest and visiting many different scenes from the movies.
Follow it up with a visit to Weta Studios where filming happens as your knowledgeable Lord of the Rings specialist guide points out all the interesting facts and fictional recounts of the world of Middle Earth. With hotel transfers included, you'll have everything you need to enjoy an efficient and fun-filled journey into the lore of the Lord of the Rings - with some great NZ scenery to boot!
- Visit Lord of the Rings locations in Wellington
- Includes access to the famous Weta Cave & Window into Workshop exhibition
- Knowledgable Lord of the Rings specialist guide
- Full commentary
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- See the locations of the Lord of the Rings set
- Visit the Weta Studios for an inside look of the Wellington film industry
- Stop at Mt Victoria lookout for fabulous views of the city and harbour
4 hours approximately
Morning Departure: 8.30am | Return: 12.30pm
Afternoon Departure: 1.30pm | Return: 5.30pm
Child ages from 2 ~ 12 years and must be accompanied by a fare paying adult Infant under 2 years travel free with fare paying adult but must travel with their own approved car seat. Standard 3 point harnesses available on every seat.
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience.
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
Lord of the Rings Half Day Tour101 Wakefield St, Wellington, NZ 6011