Townsville Military Tour with Optional Scenic Tour
What you need to know
Get an in-depth look at the proud military history of Townsville and its role in Australia's wartime past, as well as an optional tour of the city with this comprehensive tour package. Join your knowledgeable guides and gain a new, deeper appreciation for the sacrifices made by our proud servicemen and women, many of whom paid the ultimate price for our freedom as you're taken to explore the largest military base in Australia, a military museum, and many more insights that would be otherwise hard to come by.
Limited to small groups, you'll receive a personalised and interactive experience as you listen and learn of some of the awe-inspiring stories of bravery and courage that our heroes performed during life-threatening situations. Pausing for a delicious morning tea, this tour has everything you'll need for an experience that is equal parts educational, interesting and inspiring.
Travellers can also purchase the afternoon Scenic Tour of Townsville which departs at 1:30 pm just after the Military Tour has concluded. The scenic tour will take you up to Castle Hill for endless views of the Coral Sea, and the beautiful Magnetic Island. The scenic tour also includes commentary about the historical relevance of the area since inception 150 years ago. Lunch is included if you register for both tours. Tours are available from Tuesday to Friday, and Sunday.
If you've got even a passing interest in war, military, and the history of Townsville, then the Townsville Military Tour and Scenic Tour is an absolute must - so book online today.
- 4 Hour tour (7 Hours if you have selected the Scenic Tour add-on)
- Morning tea - Vanilla slice, scones with jam and cream, carrot cake (gluten free), coffee, tea, cold drinks & kids menu
- Informative guide
- Hotel transfers
- Afternoon Scenic Tour - A trip to the top of Castle Hill will provide spectacular views over the tropical city and across the Coral Sea to beautiful Magnetic Island. It will help you orientate yourself for the rest of your visit to our vibrant city. Take in the most scenic spots of Townsville North Queensland and have your camera ready for those unforgettable moments. Hear stories of the city’s 150 year history and discover the plans that continue to see Townsville North Queensland evolve into one of the largest and most dynamic regional cites in Australia. Lunch will be included instead of Morning Tea if you have selected this option
- As the home of Australia’s largest defence base, Townsville North Queensland possesses a fascinating military history like no other
- Our Military History Tour weaves together Townsville’s history, culture and scenery allowing you to delve a little deeper into the personality of Northern Australia’s largest city
- You will explore museums, memorials, monuments, barracks, spectacular lookouts and lush tropical gardens as you piece together the stories of the people and events that have played an integral part in Townsville’s military history
- Tours depart at 9am on Tuesday - Friday & Sunday and return at 1pm. Pick ups starts from 8.30am
- If you have selected the Scenic Tour add-on, tours return at 4pm
- Not suitable for children under 7 as the vehicles are not fitted with child restraints
- Minimum 2 passengers
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- Mobile Vouchers are accepted! - Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control
- We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements
Townsville Military Tour with Optional Scenic Tour139 Charters Towers Rd, Hyde Park, QLD 4812