Blue Mountains Helicopter Flight
What you need to know
The Blue Mountains, known for their contrast between plateau, valley and cliffside landscapes along with their famous vapourous blue haze that is produced by numerous eucalyptus trees have been a tourist hotspot in New South Wales for decades, and there is no better way to appreciate the evolution of these 18 million old mountain ranges than from the unique perspective that the air provides!
Hop aboard the chopper and you'll see a series of panoramic views of the Blue Mountains including the Three Sisters, Katoomba, the Megalong Valley and the Warragamba Catchment area before heading back to Sydney to see more of the stunning sights of Sydney Harbour including the Sydney Opera House and Harbour Bridge.
- 90 minute helicopter flight taking in the sights of the Blue Mountains and Sydney Harbour
- Complimentary return hotel to heliport shuttle bus service
- Complimentary refreshments before/after your flight
- World class commentary during the flight from highly experienced professional pilots
- See full panoramic views of the Blue Mountains including the Three Sisters, Katoomba, the Megalong Valley and the Warragamba Catchment area before making your way back to Sydney for more of the spectacular sights of Sydney Harbour including the Harbour Bridge, and the Sydney Opera House
- You will get the chance to use your own camera for photos before boarding and flying, have some fun and take some great shots of the amazing views!
- View the cascading Wentworth Falls as their crystal clear waters drop into the abyss before coming to a gentle end at the sandstone valley floor
- Every passenger gets a great view, no matter which seat they are in
- Based at Sydney Airport, very close to the city and Sydney Harbour, you and your helicopter will be over the harbour in less than 5 minutes
What to Bring
- Comfortable clothing and shoes
- Bottled water
- Opportunity to view and purchase a real time DVD of your very own flight
Flight Location and Duration
- Flights depart daily from 472 Ross Smith Ave, Mascot
- The flight time is 90 minutes
- You must contact the local tour operator to confirm your exact flight time and pick up time after you have received confirmation (complete Tour Operator contact details will appear on your tour voucher)
- All tours are sold on a per seat basis. All flights are confirmed with a minimum of 2 passengers unless otherwise stated. Single passengers are welcome, however the flight is not confirmed until a second passenger is travelling.
- Please advise if the guests are celebrating a special event — birthday/ honeymoon etc. We will do everything we can to make their experience extra special.
- Please advise the level of assistance required for any disabled passengers and whether the passengers are in a wheelchair, so that we can accommodate their needs with ease. Please note that wheelchairs can be carried on selected aircraft only, and they must be collapsible
Child Age/Infant Policy
- An infant is a passenger who has not reached his or her 3rd birthday. Infants will not be carried in company aircraft unless accompanied by one parent or responsible adult. The infant may be carried in the arms of, or on the lap of the adult passenger, in an approved infant seat, or in a bassinet. A child is a passenger who has reached their 3rd but not their 13th birthday, and will occupy their own seat on the aircraft. The child must be accompanied by an adult on the flight.
- For legal and safety reasons, all passengers are weighed prior to boarding the aircraft. Individual weights in excess of 110kg (or 250 pounds or 18 stone) may incur a surcharge.The minimum age for flights with no doors is 12 years.
Terms and Conditions
Cancelling a Reservation
- The following cancellation policies apply:
- Cancellation within 24hrs of flight departure time – 100% of flight cost
- Cancellation before 24hrs of the flight departure time – No Charge
- For group bookings of 10 or more passengers further cancellation conditions apply
- In the event of a guest’s non-appearance for a pick up or flight, a 100% cancellation fee will be applied.
- In the interest of safety, all our tours operate weather pending. Flights will only be restricted when weather conditions such as low cloud, fog, gusty winds, or electrical storms are present in the area of the flight path. Flights can still operate in wet weather as visibility may still be good. We always strive for customer satisfaction, so we are happy to reschedule your flight at anytime. Should guests wish to cancel their flight because of wet weather but the flight can operate safely and the visibility is good, a 100% cancellation fee will apply. Any flight cancelled by us will not incur a cancellation charge and all endeavors will be made to re-schedule the flight to another time to suit the guest’s availability. We will not be held liable for costs associated with airfares, accommodation or anything else due to helicopter flights which do not proceed as booked.
- We understand that the unfortunate situation of guest illness does occasionally occur, and all efforts will be made to reschedule the guest to an alternate day, subject to availability. However if cancellation due to illness is made on the day of the tour and the guest is unable to reschedule to another time, no refund will be given. Naturally, if cancellation is made by the guest with more than 24 hours notice, no cancellation charge applies.
If you have booked a hotel
- Please list your accomodation name and address in the booking notes and you will be contacted with the closest pickup location and time
If you have not yet booked a hotel
- If you have not yet booked a hotel, enter the words 'hotel not known' in the 'Add Booking Notes' section of the shopping cart. Once your booking is confirmed, you will receive a confirmation tour voucher with complete tour operator details. You will be required to contact the tour operator a minimum of 48hrs prior to your day of travel to reconfirm your hotel pick up time
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on the day of flight
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
Blue Mountains Helicopter Flight472 Ross Smith Ave, Mascot, NSW 2020