Jenolan Caves Orient Cave Tour
What you need to know
Perfect for self-drivers, this Orient Cave Tour allows you to enjoy the wonder of the Jenolan Caves at your own pace. Journey into the heart of the expansive Orient Cave in the centre of the unique Jenolan Caves network on this 1.5 hour tour allowing you to get up close to these amazing formations! Often considered one of the most spectacular caves not only in Australia but the world as a whole, this cavernous and beautiful cave is teeming with the iconic stalagmites and stalactites that are characteristic of the cave network. With a special, modern LED-based lighting system added to the Orient Cave designed to enhance its natural beauty without appearing fake, the cave features a number of expansive chambers giving off all manner of shades of browns and oranges.
On this tour you'll learn all about the geology and history of the caves and their limestone formations, while crossing a series of walkways designed to provide the best possible views of each unique natural sculpture - including the giant Pillar of Hercules, the Jenolan Caves tallest stalagmite measuring 10m in height. With a large number of stairs to climb and narrow passageways to squeeze through, be sure to pack your walking shoes for this incredible adventure. See the "king" of the Jenolan Caves network - book your Orient Cave ticket online today! Please note that this tour is of the Orient Cave only and does NOT include return transfers from Sydney.
Tours depart for the Jenolan Caves on a daily basis from Katoomba at 11.00am and 1:30pm and are located just over an hour from Katoomba.
- Admission to the Orient Cave
- 1.5 hour guided tour
- Transfers from Sydney (you need to make your own way to Jenolan Caves). Complete Tour Operator details will appear on your confirmation tour voucher
- Food and beverages
- The most beautiful cave in the world
- Each room is more breathtaking than the last and the entire cave will leave you speechless
- 470 metre cave will take an hour and a half to explore and requires an average fitness level
- Orient Cave tours depart daily at 11.00am and 1.30pm. Jenolan Caves is located at 4655 Jenolan Caves Road, approximately a 2.5 hour drive from Sydney
- Jenolan Caves is just 1¼ hours from Katoomba, 2.5 hours from Sydney and 3 hours from Canberra, making it an easy to get to venue
What to Wear
- Sturdy, non-slip shoes
- Comfortable clothing
- High heels and thongs are not recommended
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on the day of entry
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
Jenolan Caves Orient Cave TourJenolan Caves Rd, Jenolan, NSW 2790