Caloundra Eco Explorer Calm Water Cruise
What you need to know
The Pumicestone Passage on Caloundra’s doorstep is 35kms long and separates Bribie Island National Park from the mainland. This internationally significant Marine Park with its numerous islands and creeks is home to over 300 bird species and is an important sanctuary in their migration.
Follow the Lighthouse Keepers’ journey south on our award winning Eco Explorer cruise. Departing at 9.30 am every Thursday, this 2 hr 30 min cruise travels to the very heart of the Pumicestone Passage Marine Park. Your experienced tour guide’s commentary will cover the fascinating history, geography and ecology of this pristine region.
Spot a sea eagle and watch a wader as we travel the foreshore of Bribie Island. Enjoy a generous morning tea and locally sourced fruit platter while the boat is at anchor. Hear dreamtime legends in the shadow of the Glasshouse Mountains before travelling home in time for lunch.
- 2.5 hour cruise
- Morning tea
- Hotel transfers
- Pumicestone Passage Marine Park
- Bribie Island National Park
- Spotting eagles
- Glasshouse Mountains
- Cruises depart on Thursdays from the Pelican Waters Tavern at 9.30am and return at 12noon. Boarding commences at 9.15am
What to Bring
- Comfortable clothes
- Wind jacket
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the tour
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Vessel subject to change without notice
Caloundra Eco Explorer Calm Water Cruise5 Pinewood St, Little Mountain, QLD 4551