Village And Bays Tours Of Stewart Island
What you need to know
This Village and Bay cruise of Stewart Island will give you an interesting insight into the southernmost community in New Zealand while learning about the history and environment of this stunning island location. Enjoy the beauty of Stewart Island at a slower pace as our local guides share their knowledge of the region while allowing you plenty of time for photo opportunities and short walks.
Highlights of the tour include a visit to the Rakirua National Park entrance at Lee Bay, lovely Horseshoe Bay and garner some stunning views of Paterson Inlet from the vantage point of Observation Rock.
- A 1 hour 30 minute tour of Oban and the surrounding bays
- Travelling in a modern mid-sized coach
- There is a comprehensive commentary
- Enjoy commentary from a local guide providing an insight into Stewart Island’s community, history and environment
- Photo opportunities at observation points available along the way
- Highlights include the Rakiura National Park entrance at Lee Bay, Halfmoon and Horseshoe Bays and more
- This tour departs at 11am or 1pm
- This tour departs from the Oban Visitor Centre at the “Red Shed” (next to the ferry terminal) 12 Elgin Terrace, Stewart Island
What To Bring
- Comfortable walking shoes/boots
- Waterproof jacket,
- Warm sweater/fleece jacket
- Insect repellent and camera
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control. We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements
- Prices are seasonal and are constantly changing. The from price displayed may not always be the price you are going to pay, as once you click on your specified date, the price will change to reflect the price for that date/season. Please note that in some cases where you cannot click on a date to obtain the price, please call us so we can assist you
- Mobile Vouchers are accepted! - Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
Confirmation in the form of an e-voucher will be sent to your email at the time of purchase. Although we do our best to deliver it instantly, occasionally, this may take up to 6 hours for the e-voucher to be delivered. For any queries, please get in touch with us . We're always happy to help.