Zorb Rotorua Experience
What you need to know
Prepare for some original splashing, rolling fun with a globe riding experience in Rotorua that will take you on a tumbling ride inside a water-filled ball. Take one part hollow ball, one part water, and one part individual or friends, mix them together, throw them down a hill and you've got globe riding - a truly unique and popular activity suitable for the whole family. Choose from a number of different "styles" of ride including standard straight, curving sidewinder or even a dry run that removes the water (ideal for cooler months) as you're set on a downhill course that involves both adrenaline and plain, pure fun. Water in the balls is kept warm in cooler periods, so you don't have to fret about any unnecessary chills too!
Cap it off with some relaxing in the hot spa facilities, and you've got some of the wettest fun to be had on land in the Rotorua region. Good for adults and kids alike, if you're looking for a Rotorua activity that takes a break from all the standard geothermal and historical attractions, don't miss the chance for some crazy, splashy, rolling fun - book yourself an Zorb experience in Rotorua on the world's twistiest track online today.
- Globe riding experience down the choice of 4 different tracks - Sidewinder, Straight, Big Air or MEGA Tracks
- Hot-Tub Soak for after or in-between rides
- Chinese speaking instructor can be arranged
- The world’s longest zig-zag globe riding track
- Ride the OGO globe down the twistiest track in the world!
- Slide in 40 litres or water (cool in the summer and warm in the winter)
- Speed up on the straight before riding up the sides of the most massive corners
- Maximum of 3 people in the OGO
- 250m long track
- Long... straight... fast! Superman dive into the OGO globe on your own or have one, two or three friends in there together
- Add 40 litres or water (cool in the summer and warm in the winter) and slip, slide and laugh all the way to the bottom
- Maximum of 3 people in the OGO
H2OGO BIG AIR
- Big Air will have you holding on tight as you fly down three epic drops, swing around thrilling bends and sweeping corners
- Challenge yourself on the most exhilarating track in the OGO collection
- Big Air is a H2OGO (with water) ride with a maximum of one rider at a time
H2OGO MEGA TRACK
The fastest, longest and steepest downhill ball rolling track in the WORLD
Perched high up on the edge of the ultimate drop
Feel the earth disappear beneath you as you travel down the craziest track
Maximum two people at a time
MEGA Track is an H2OGO (water) ride only
New Zealand’s longest dry run
For those who don't want to get wet
The Drygo gives you all the multi-person, slidey, crazy fun of the water rides and you stay dry
We do not operate this ride in Summer as it can get too warm inside the ball
- Signature ride and most popular ride style
- 40 Litres of fresh water added to every OGO (warm in winter and cool in summer)
- Can choose to ride the Straight, Sidewinder or MEGA Track with this ride style
- Photos and videos are not included but can be purchased on the day
- Open daily 9am-6pm in Summer and 9am-5pm in Winter
- Closed Christmas day
- We recommend allowing one hour for this experience as it will give you enough time to do a couple of rides. You will also want to allow time to relax in the three onsite hot tubs in-between your rides, have an awesome barista coffee and check out your photos and videos from your rides
- OGO is located near the Skyline Gondola and Rainbow Springs, only a short 10 minute drive from the centre of town
- Exact address is Luge at 525 Ngongotaha Road, Fairy Springs
- Public buses run from the Rorotua Visitor Information Centre i-site every 30 minutes. We are the stop just after Rainbow Springs and Skyline Rotorua
What to Bring
- Swimwear and towel (if you want to ride in shorts and t-shirt, this is also okay)
- For DRYGO rides, you don't need to get changed, you can ride in what you arrive in
- If you forget your swimwear or shorts, these can be hired on the day for $7 per person
- You are welcome to take your own GoPro or waterproof camera inside the OGO with you
Is the water cold?
The water we put inside the OGO’s is warm in winter and cool in summer – approx. 40 litres to be precise. We also have toasty warm hot tubs at the top and bottom of the hill for you to enjoy. Heaters and hairdryers in the changing rooms, delicious barista coffee and free Wi-Fi you won’t even notice its winter outside.
What if I dont want to get wet?
Our latest creation straight from the factory is the DRYGO – available on both our Straight and Sidewinder tracks. Same thrills as the H2OGO but the special double skin means you stay nice and dry.
The DRYGO ride is weather dependent – it can get hot inside the DRYGO, so in warmer months the ride may not always be available. If not, our H2OGO water ride is a great alternative – this is our most popular ride year-round (with warm water on cooler days) and we are happy to turn any DRYGO bookings into H2OGO rides at no extra cost.
Can children ride by themselves?
As long as your child is over our age restriction of 5 years old then they can ride inside the OGO by themselves. For the younger kiddies we do recommend riding with an adult or other kids, it’s always more fun riding with others!
Will we bump into each other?
The nature of the ride is like a giant waterslide, you won’t bump into or hurt each other.
- Age restriction: 5 years and over
- Weight restriction: Maximum weight per person 125kg, maximum combined weight 210kg
- Maximum combined weight in one OGO is 250kg 0r 551 lb
- You do not need to book a date or time for this experience. Simply just purchase a ticket and turn up when you want!
- Also if you feel like changing your mind of track styles on the day, this is an option. You are not locked in to your purchase choice (additional fees may apply if upgrading to a more expensive track)
- If you are purchasing the combo package, rides can be used over multiple days (you do not need to do both tracks in the same day if you do not wish)
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on the day of cruise
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
Zorb Rotorua Experience525 Ngongotaha Road, Fairy Springs, NI 3015