Waitomo Glowworm Express Tour return Auckland
What you need to know
Venture to the highly popular and enchanting glow worm caves of Waitomo from Auckland and view thousands of luminescent lights radiating from these tiny creatures that line the walls as expert and experienced guides provide informative commentary on the caves' historical and geological significance. We leave Auckland in the morning, enjoying a morning snack along the way, before arriving at Waitomo and embarking on a guided tour through its famous glowworm caves and their amazing limestone formations before finishing it up with a mystical boat ride through "Glow Worm Grotto" - an underground cavern illuminated by the glowworms' natural light.
Follow it up with some leisure time to be spent at the Waitomo Visitor Complex where you'll be able to soak in some amazing views before finishing up at Rotorua in the afternoon - a satisfying conclusion to an enchanting day! NOTE: This version of the tour departs from Rotorua and concludes in Auckland.
- Luxury coach travel Rotorua - Waitomo - Auckland (tour concludes in Auckland)
- Informative driver commentary
- Fitzgerald Glade
- Guided tour of the Waitomo Glowworm Caves
- Waikato and King Country scenery
- This tour departs at 7.45am from Tourism Rotorua and concludes in Auckland at approximately 3.10pm.
- A complimentary pick-up and drop offer service is provided from inner city hotels.
Hotel Pick Up
- A complimentary hotel-pick up is included in this day tour. At the time of booking, please select your designated accommodation property to book this in and obtain your pick-up time. Please ensure you are waiting 10 minutes prior at your designated pick-up location
If you have booked a hotel
- Select your hotel name and pick up time from the location drop down list provided. If your hotel is not listed, select an alternative hotel in close proximity and make your way to that hotel on the day of the tour. Alternatively, choose Tourism Rotorua from the location drop down list and make your way to that location on the day of the tour, as this is the main departure point
If you have not yet booked a hotel
- Select Tourism Rotorua from the location drop down list provided as this is the main departure point for the tour. Once your hotel arrangements have been finalised, you can contact the local tour operator to change your pick up details. Local tour operator's contact details will appear on your tour voucher
If your hotel is not listed or you do not require a hotel pick up
- Select Tourism Rotorua as the location location drop down list provided as this is the main departure point for the tour. Make your way to this location at least 15 minutes prior to the tour departure time
What to wear
- We recommend wearing comfortable walking shoes and taking a warm jacket for the Waitomo Glowworm Caves guided tour.
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking.
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the tour.
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher.
Waitomo Glowworm Express Tour return Auckland39 Waitomo Caves Rd, Waitomo, NZ 3977