Rotorua Forest Zipline Canopy Tour
What you need to know
Take advantage of the beauty of the lush rainforests of New Zealand's Rotorua with these brand-new - and already highly popular - zip line tours through the stunning treetop canopies of Rotorua's untouched native forest. Take part in a 3 hour journey through these ancient trees from high above the ground and get some spectacular views as you swing from tree to tree and stroll across swinging bridges as your guide provides you with entertaining, expert commentary on the natural history of one of NZ's most famous regions. During the course of the zipline tour you'll try your hand in a mixture of trail walks, six separate ziplines (similar to flying foxes), two swing bridges and ten viewing platforms while utilising on the latest and most proven in safety equipment.
A unique combination of thrills, views and environmental education is all yours to be had just 15 minutes from the centre of Rotorua - so book a great zip line experience here today!
- 3 hour Zipline Canopy Tour
- You’ll assemble at the Rotorua Canopy Tours headquarters for an introduction, harness fitting and safety briefing
- Everyone is transported to the forest on an entertaining short drive from Rotorua
- 2 expert guides accompany your group with a maximum of 10 guests for a 3 hour experience
- A 400 metre walk through native forest leads to the first launch platform where your guides familiarise you with the forest, birds and history of the area
- You’ll experience trail walking, 10 platforms, 6 ziplines (flying fox) and 2 swing bridges mixing thrill and slow paced observation of the forest
- Safety is paramount. Top of the line equipment has been sourced from around the globe and guides are all trained to the highest standards. Plus in the New Zealand forest there are no nasty critters to worry about
- Rotorua Canopy Tours is an all-weather experience – the canopy in wet weather is magical beyond belief and we’ll deck you out to suit the conditions
- This tour operates daily at 9.30am and 10.15am
- Please check-in 15 minutes prior to your tour time
- Upon completion of your booking, a phone number will be supplied for you to to confirm available times - bookings are essential
- Please allow approximately 3 hours for this whole experience
- Rotorua Canopy Tours are located at Fairy Springs Road, Rotorua
Is there a weight limit?
- We have a maximum weight of 120kg and a minimum weight of 35kg. However we can accommodate children lighter than 35kg’s but we do need advance warning so please give us a call if this relates to you.
What is the minimum age?
- Minimum age is 6 years old
How safe is it?
- Safety is our number one priority. The activity is very safe with leading edge safety systems and training in place. All our safety systems including infrastructure, equipment, guide training and competence assessment are all audited by external parties
I’m afraid of heights – will I be able to complete the tour?
- This is a decision you will need to make – the highest platform is 22 metres above the ground and the highest flight is 35 metres above the valley floor so you will face your fear, head on. The heights gradually increase and you are always attached to a safety line
How many people are on a tour?
- There is a maximum of 10 customers per tour. For group sizes of more than 10 people please contact us – we have a number of ways of catering to large groups and would love the opportunity to discuss the options with you
I don’t have any transport – how do I get to Rotorua Canopy Tours base?
- Upon completion of your booking, a phone number will be provided. Give us a call – we have tours that run daily that include transport from your accommodation
Can people come and watch me?
- No – we operate in a wilderness area and the access routes between platforms are unmarked. There is a high risk that spectators will get disorientated and lost in the forest. In addition to this, there are no vantage points so spectators are unlikely to be able to see you. We do not take any responsibility for people who are not on our tour
Does the tour go in all weather?
- Yes we operate in all weather conditions, with very few exceptions. Infact, the forest is at its most beautiful in the rain. We supply high quality wet weather gear and warmer outer layers if the conditions require so that you remain dry and warm, whatever the weather
What do I need to wear?
- Ideally bring one more layer than you think you might need and closed toe footwear is a must
Can I bring my Camera?
- Yes bring your camera and take as many pictures as you can but you will need a strap on it to ensure it can be secured to your harness as you will not be allowed to hold it during flight. We do not take any responsibility for camera damage
- Please click here to view Rotorua Canopy Map
- Rotorua is located approximately 1 hour inland from the Port of Tauranga where all cruise ships dock for the day. Our tours take three hours so there is plenty of time to fit in a Canopy Tour into your day
- Getting across to Rotorua is easy. There are numerous providers of transport or you can hire a vehicle and drive yourself. It’s an easy and scenic journey. If you want to see pure untouched New Zealand you need to spend some time with us – the forest we take you to is exactly how the first humans to arrive on this land would have found it. You will have the bragging rights when you return to the ship and talk to your fellow passengers
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the tour
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Bookings are subject to availability
Rotorua Forest Zipline Canopy Tour147 Fairy Springs Rd, Fairy Springs, Rotorua, NI 3015