Mitai Maori Village Tour with Hangi Meal
What you need to know
Spend an evening at the ever-popular Mitai Maori Village in NZ's Rotorua in an enthralling natural setting full of dance, culture and traditional dinner! The ultimate in authentic Maori cultural experiences, this evening at Mitai Village will envelop you in this strong, proud and enthusiastic culture amongst some of New Zealand's famously beautiful natural scenery.
This package includes multiple highlights - you'll embark on a guided bush walk, witness riveting live cultural dance and music performances, view the enchanting lights of native glow worms, visit the famed Fairy Springs and even cap it all off with a delicious and authentically-cooked Hangi meal by your friendly hosts. With multiple great value inclusions as well as return transfers from Rotorua all part of the package, you'll have everything you need to immerse yourself in the world of New Zealand's native inhabitants - so book online today!
- Hangi meal
- A cultural performance to remember
- Bush Walk - learn about the history of the area and the flora and fauna
- Viewing of the Glow Worms
- Visit to the sacred Fairy Spring
- Return transfers within city limits
- Full bar facilities available at the village
- Chilled Spring Water straight from Fairy Spring is served to your table
Other drinks from the bar are excluded
- In Winter (5th April-28th September) tours commence at 5.30pm and conclude at 8.30pm
- In Summer (29th September-4th April) tours commence at 6.30pm and conclude at 9.30pm
- 196 Fairy Springs Rd Rotorua, New Zealand. Only 5 minutes from the central city
- Return courtesy transport is provided within 10kms of the central business district. (Please confirm pick up time with the tour operator, contact details will be provided on tour voucher)
Please click here to check the itinerary.
- Succulent New Zealand Lamb & Chicken, Potatoes (Rewai), Sweet Potato (Kumara) and stuffing (a combination of Bread, Mixed Herbs, Corn, Carrots & Peas).
Include scalloped potatoes baked with a cheese topping and freshly baked Garlic Bread.
A range of salads is on offer including Corn salad, Cauliflower with Sesame Seeds, Rice, Ranchslaw and Freshly Tossed Garden Salad.
Your hangi meal is complemented with rich brown gravy and thick mint sauce.
Include tropical Fruit Salad, chocolate Log, and Trifle with Cream.
_ War Canoe/Waka_
Hand carved by the Mitai family, the waka (ancient war canoe) paddles by, leaving you spellbound. See warriors by night in traditional dress traveling down the Wai-O-Whiro Stream as was done many years ago. This experience is powerful, emotional, truly captivating and unforgettable.
In the tranquil natural bush setting, our performers take you back in time when the ancient Maori customs and traditions were part of everyday life. Through songs and dances plus tales and legends told, you will learn a great deal about our fascinating past.
The displays of weaponry and combat that are shown during the performance will fascinate you. Coupled with the grace and beauty of the poi dance and the spine tingling haka finale, this is an interactive, and unforgettable experience for absolutely everyone to enjoy.
Guided Bush Walk/Glow Worms
Mitai Village is home to Rotorua’s only glow worms in their natural setting. They make a spectacular backdrop to the beautiful stream that flows through the bush.
Mitai is also home to the sacred Fairy Spring, that releases over twenty four million litres of pure spring water every day
This guided bush walk will let you learn about the history of the area, the old medicinal uses of the native flora and fauna and fascinating myths and legends.
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience.
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
Mitai Maori Village Tour with Hangi Meal196 Fairy Springs Rd, Fairy Springs, Rotorua, NZ 3015