Village And Bays Tours Of Stewart Island
Explore Stewart Island in a modern mini-bus
Informative commentary from your driver
Learn about the history of the area
Photo opportunities at observation points
Suitable for all ages
Stunning views of Paterson Inlet
- A 60 minute tour of Oban and the surrounding bays
- Travelling in a modern mid-sized coach
- There is a comprehensive commentary
- Enjoy commentary from a local guide providing an insight into Stewart Island’s community, history and environment
- Photo opportunities at observation points available along the way
- Highlights include the Rakiura National Park entrance at Lee Bay, Halfmoon and Horseshoe Bays and more
- This tour departs at 11am or 1pm
- This tour departs from the Oban Visitor Centre at the “Red Shed” (next to the ferry terminal) 12 Elgin Terrace, Stewart Island
What To Bring
- Comfortable walking shoes/boots
- Waterproof jacket,
- Warm sweater/fleece jacket
- Insect repellent and camera
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control. We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements
- Prices are seasonal and are constantly changing. The from price displayed may not always be the price you are going to pay, as once you click on your specified date, the price will change to reflect the price for that date/season. Please note that in some cases where you cannot click on a date to obtain the price, please call us so we can assist you
- Mobile Vouchers are accepted! - Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Embark on a tour to see Royal Albatross in their natural habitat with this viewing tour in the beautiful Otago Peninsula region. Book your tour here.
Bring the family and enjoy the sights and sounds of New Zealand's most famous animals at Kiwi Park, just 5 minutes from the Queenstown centre!
Cruise the smooth, clear waters of Lake Wakatipu aboard the steam-driven vessel "the Lady of the Lake" for a Queenstown experience to step back in time.
Visit New Zealand's Te Anau's famous underground network of glow worm caves on this tour that will take you directly into their heart. Free for kids under 4 years.
Get a taste of a warm kiwi welcome as you disembark from your TSS Earnslaw cruise of Lake Wakatipu & experience Walter Peak High Country Farm's hospitality.
Travel to Middle Earth and visit the locations and stunning scenery that inspired Peter Jackson's 'Lord of The Rings' sequels in Glenorchy, NZ.
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!
16 Amazing Christmas Gift Ideas For Music Lovers In 2023
Looking for unique Christmas gift ideas for music lovers and musicians? Find best gifts for music lovers, that aren't just headphones or bluetooth speakers!