Stevensons Island Cruise and Nature Walk
1.5 hour cruise of Lake Wanaka
Learn about the Maori and colonial history
Views of the lake and surround flora and fauna
Excellent photo opportunities
Nature hike to the island summit
- 1.5 hour luxury catamaran cruise on Lake Wanaka
- Guided nature walk along the island
- Afternoon tea
- Friendly knowledgable skipper and crew onboard
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Transfers from accomodation
- Enjoy a leisurely 1.5 hour cruise along the waters of Lake Wanaka
- Cruise out to Stevensons Peninsula and then into Stevensons Arm, home to Mount Burke high country sheep station. Rolling green pastures precede majestic mountain scenery rising into the Western skyline
- Take in the green pastures that pave the way to Mount Gold on the Eastern Skyline
- Experience a nature hike to the island summit to view the Minaret Peaks
- Learn about the interesting Maori and colonial history of the area
- Capture the breathtaking views of the lake and surround flora and fauna
- Indulge in a scrumptious afternoon tea served while cruising back to Wanaka
- Cruise departs at 3pm and returns at 5pm
- Please arrive minutes prior to departure to check in
- Please allow approximately 2.5 hours for this tour
- Cruise departs from the Lake front at 100 Ardmore Street, Wanaka
What To Bring
- Bottled water and snacks
- Warm jacket (during cooler weather)
- Flat soled, closed in shoes or boots
- All cruises require a minimum of 4 adult bookings to run. Cruises with less than 4 adults booked may be cancelled by the operator on or before the scheduled cruise time
- Cruise is subject to weather conditions, you will be advised if there are any changes to your departure
- If cruise is cancelled you be will offered an alternative option
- Please allow 10 minutes for the Island walk, as it rises 50m above the beach, an average level of fitness and mobility is required
- If you do not wish to take part in the full walk, you can remain on the boat, visit the beach or complete part of the walk
- Due to uneven surfaces, this experience is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- Mobile Vouchers are accepted! - Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Availability is accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control. We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Bring the family and enjoy the sights and sounds of New Zealand's most famous animals at Kiwi Park, just 5 minutes from the Queenstown centre!
Embark on a tour to see Royal Albatross in their natural habitat with this viewing tour in the beautiful Otago Peninsula region. Book your tour here.
Visit New Zealand's Te Anau's famous underground network of glow worm caves on this tour that will take you directly into their heart. Free for kids under 4 years.
Cruise the smooth, clear waters of Lake Wakatipu aboard the steam-driven vessel "the Lady of the Lake" for a Queenstown experience to step back in time.
Get a taste of a warm kiwi welcome as you disembark from your TSS Earnslaw cruise of Lake Wakatipu & experience Walter Peak High Country Farm's hospitality.
Travel to Middle Earth and visit the locations and stunning scenery that inspired Peter Jackson's 'Lord of The Rings' sequels in Glenorchy, NZ.
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!
16 Amazing Christmas Gift Ideas For Music Lovers In 2023
Looking for unique Christmas gift ideas for music lovers and musicians? Find best gifts for music lovers, that aren't just headphones or bluetooth speakers!