Wanaka Skydive with Queenstown Transfers - 9,000ft
Experience a 25 second free fall
Return transfers from central Queenstown
Reach speeds of up to 200km per hour
Purchase photos and videos on the day
Tandem skydive from 9,000ft over Wanaka
Epic scenery of Wanaka's lakes and mountains
- Tandem skydive at 9,000ft over Wanaka
- Return transfers from Queenstown
- Safety briefing and all safety equipment
- Personalised certificate of achievement
- Photos and videos of your skydive will be available to purchase on the day from Skydive Wanaka
- This experience departs at 7:45am on Sunday, Monday, Wednesday and Friday
- Allow 5 hours for the experience, including transfers from central Queenstown to the dropzone located at Wanaka Airport (1.5 hours each way)
- This experience departs from the NZONE Skydive Centre, 35 Shotover St, Queenstown
Should I book in for a skydive at the beginning or end of my trip?
- Definitely the beginning! The reason being is should the weather not be suitable on the first day of your trip, we can then move you to alternative days. Always book air excursions first, then land and water based activities last
How long do I freefall?
- From 15,000ft you will freefall for up to 60 seconds
- From 12,000ft you will freefall for up to 45 seconds
- From 9,000ft you will freefall for up to 25 seconds
How fast do I free fall?
- The maximum speed is about 200kph!!
How long is the flight?
- It depends on which height you choose! But from 15,000ft it takes about 15 minutes to reach altitude
I wear prescription glasses / contacts, do I have to take them off for my skydive?
- No! We have goggles that will fit over your glasses (please let your instructor know if you are wearing contact lenses)
What about your safety record?
- 26 years and 300,000 tandems
How do I get there?
- In Wanaka, our meeting point is outside i-SITE Wanaka, 103 Ardmore Street. Our meeting point is our Skydive Centre in the middle of town in Queenstown, from there we will take you to and from the Dropzone where you skydive
Can my friends and family come and watch me?
- Yes. We have excellent facilities at our Skydive Wanaka Dropzone. Bring as many friends and family to watch and take pictures.
Can I take my camera on the plane with me?
- No, this is due to safety reasons, but you can take photos on the ground while getting ready.
What To Bring
- Wear warm layers and flat enclosed shoes
- Please bring your booking confirmation voucher
- Please leave all your valuable belongings at home
- Please bring your ID and credit card for payments
- Snacks and water bottle
- Maximum weight is 115kg. All persons over 94kg are subject to Tandem Master assessment at the drop zone.
- Minimum jump age is 6 years. Children 12 years & under will be permitted to skydive from a maximum height of 9,000ft
- The minimum weight is 30kgs/66lbs and minimum height is 1.2metres/47.2inches. All passengers must fit securely into the harness
- All children are subject to an assessment on the day by the Tandem Master. Passengers under 18 years require written parental/guardian consent
- Skydiving is a very weather dependant activity and cancellations due to unsuitable weather conditions may occur, full refunds will be given if this occurs
- Trip sizes will be 8 Pax (Winter) and 16 Pax (Summer)
- Check in the same time as the trip (The time you have selected to jump)
- Weather checks are to be done by the passenger 30 minutes prior to your skydive trip time, ie 8.30am for a 9am trip time. Please call +64 3 443 7207
- Cancellations and amendments up to 24 hours prior to departure will incur no fee.
- Cancellations within 24 hrs of departure will incur a 100% cancellation fee.
- Notice of a cancellation must be provided by email to Skydive Wanaka Reservations.
- Any amendment to the jump date or time is at the discretion of Skydive Wanaka and may incur fees.
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of your tour
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Cancellations 24 hours prior to trip departure may be charged at full price
- In the event of weather conditions cancelling the trip, full refunds will be made or reschedule date offered
- Prices are seasonal and are constantly changing. The from price displayed may not always be the price you are going to pay, as once you click on your specified date, the price will change to reflect the price for that date/season. Please note that in some cases where you cannot click on a date to obtain the price, please call us so we can assist you
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Visit New Zealand's Te Anau's famous underground network of glow worm caves on this tour that will take you directly into their heart. Free for kids under 4 years.
Bring the family and enjoy the sights and sounds of New Zealand's most famous animals at Kiwi Park, just 5 minutes from the Queenstown centre!
Cruise the smooth, clear waters of Lake Wakatipu aboard the steam-driven vessel "the Lady of the Lake" for a Queenstown experience to step back in time.
Embark on a tour to see Royal Albatross in their natural habitat with this viewing tour in the beautiful Otago Peninsula region. Book your tour here.
Get a taste of a warm kiwi welcome as you disembark from your TSS Earnslaw cruise of Lake Wakatipu & experience Walter Peak High Country Farm's hospitality.
Travel to Middle Earth and visit the locations and stunning scenery that inspired Peter Jackson's 'Lord of The Rings' sequels in Glenorchy, NZ.
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!
16 Amazing Christmas Gift Ideas For Music Lovers In 2023
Looking for unique Christmas gift ideas for music lovers and musicians? Find best gifts for music lovers, that aren't just headphones or bluetooth speakers!