Shotover River Whitewater Rafting
Six separate rapid sections
Great value outdoor adventure
Fun and challenging grade 3-5 rapids
170m Oxenbridge Tunnel
4-5 hour rafting experience
Transfer to Deep Creek via Skippers Canyon Road
Safety Questions for every participant
- Can you swim?
- Do you weigh between 40kg - 120kg?
- Do you have any heart conditions/taking medication for your heart?
- Is anyone pregnant?
- Half Day White Water Rafting Experience on the Shotover River (grade 3-5)
- 6 Rapid sections along the Shotover River
- Full wetsuit, rafting clothing and safety equipment
- Transfer from downtown Queenstown to Cavells Rafting Base
- Transfer to Deep Creek via Skippers Canyon Road
- Extensive safety briefing
- Hot showers at the end of your rafting experience
- Return travel to downtown Queenstown
- Hotel Transfers to departure location are not included, however if you make your way to the centre of Queenstown, pick-up and drop-off is included from the suppliers office to the Rafting Base
- Step across this great frontier and meet the challenge of rafting the Shotover River
- Experience the rugged beauty and unspoilt grandeur of the breathtaking scenery as you conquer this wild and untamed river
- Tackle adrenaline pumping rapid along with stretches of calm water to take in the views, go for a swim and soak up it’s gold mining history
- The long and narrow river is graded 3-5
- Raft through the darkness of the 170 metre Oxenbridge Tunnel and shoot the Cascade Rapid to complete the challenge
- Before returning to Queenstown, enjoy a hot shower at the Rafting Base
- This tour departs daily at 1pm between 1st and 30th November and between 1st December to 31 March
- Please allow approximately for this experience 4.5 hours from pick-up to drop-off
- Departs from 37 Camp Street, Queenstown
What To Bring
- Change of dry clothes
- Swimming costume and towel
- Snacks or money for snacks
- Camera, videos and personal items are carried at owners risk
- We provide wetsuit booties so you can wear your normal shoes to get to the rafting base
- We recommend valuables are left at accommodation (i.e. passports/travellers cheques/jewellery etc.) The supplier takes no responsibility for travellers belongings
- The minimum age for rafting is 13 years, with a minimum weight of 40kg
- Rafting is not available to clients weighing over 120kg
- Rafting with a heart condition or while taking heart medication is not permitted
- Rafting while pregnant is not permitted
- Rafters under 16 years must have a guardian travel with them and have a child waiver signed by a guardian
- Rafters under 18 years require a child waiver form to be signed by a guardian
- Clients must be water confident and able to swim in fast moving water
- The Supplier reserves the right to refuse clients should they be considered unsuitable due to their ability to communicate in English, physical size, poor health, fitness or intoxication. Please contact the supplier if you are unsure of client suitability (contact information provided after booking)
- The river grade is 3-5 and the Shotover River varies in difficulty according to river levels. Please contact the supplier if you are unsure of traveller suitability (contact information provided after booking)
- We require a minimum of 8 people to run the trip, so please note your booking will be on stand-by until these minimum numbers are met. Should these minimum numbers not be met, you may be moved to the earlier or later departure time, moved to another date or alternatively refunded. Please note, this happens very rarely as this is a very popular experience
- The supplier reserves the right to cancel or amend any trips due to river, road or weather conditions, or insufficient numbers. In this case they will notify you on the day
- Clients must listen carefully to and follow guides’ instructions and adhere to all safety requirements
- Participation in rafting activities involves a degree of risk and the rafting operator cannot absolutely guarantee participants safety. All clients will be required to sign a disclaimer prior to departing
- Participation in rafting involves inherent risks and potential hazards; the supplier cannot absolutely guarantee participants safety and certain situations may result in serious harm or death. The risks and hazards include but are not limited to: rapidly changing and sometimes extreme water conditions, cold water, limited rafting landing sites transport to and from the river, the river and its fluid nature, raft flips, fast moving and/or deep water, rocks, landslips and/or equipment failure. Detailed risk management and strict safety procedures are observed, however, there still remains an element of risk. The Supplier accepts its legal responsibilities but cannot be held responsible for personal injury or for loss, theft or damage of/to your equipment outside legal responsibilities. Participants will be required to sign a liability form to this effect before starting a tour. Changing conditions can mean that tours have to be modified. No two tours are the same. Clients on guided tours must listen carefully to and follow guides' instructions and adhere to safety requirements
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- Mobile Vouchers are accepted! - Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control
- We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Bring the family and enjoy the sights and sounds of New Zealand's most famous animals at Kiwi Park, just 5 minutes from the Queenstown centre!
Embark on a tour to see Royal Albatross in their natural habitat with this viewing tour in the beautiful Otago Peninsula region. Book your tour here.
Visit New Zealand's Te Anau's famous underground network of glow worm caves on this tour that will take you directly into their heart. Free for kids under 4 years.
Cruise the smooth, clear waters of Lake Wakatipu aboard the steam-driven vessel "the Lady of the Lake" for a Queenstown experience to step back in time.
Get a taste of a warm kiwi welcome as you disembark from your TSS Earnslaw cruise of Lake Wakatipu & experience Walter Peak High Country Farm's hospitality.
Travel to Middle Earth and visit the locations and stunning scenery that inspired Peter Jackson's 'Lord of The Rings' sequels in Glenorchy, NZ.
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!
16 Amazing Christmas Gift Ideas For Music Lovers In 2023
Looking for unique Christmas gift ideas for music lovers and musicians? Find best gifts for music lovers, that aren't just headphones or bluetooth speakers!