Ruby Island Cruise and Photo Walk
Short & relaxing cruise on a 17m luxury catamaran
Be guided by super friendly skipper and crew
Choose to walk around Ruby Island
Discover the history of the island
Views of the lake and mountain scenery
Travel with friends and family of all ages
All aboard this Lake Wanaka Cruise to Ruby Island for a 60 minute cruise and gentle island walk on the island. This affordable and family-friendly Wanaka cruise will take you past some spectacular mountainous scenery by the lake before disembarking for a gentle 20 minute walk. See the remains of an old dance hall heralding back to the day of prohibition as well as an introduction into the origins of Manuka Honey here in New Zealand.
Located on Lake Wanaka, it is simply impossible to take a bad photo on Ruby Island with a stunning mountain backdrop to all your photographs. The 60 minute Lake Wanaka Cruise is available at 1 pm and is activity travellers of all ages can enjoy together.
- Luxury catamaran cruise on Lake Wanaka to Ruby Island
- Guided island walk on Ruby Island
- Friendly skipper and crew
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Transfers from accomodation
- Food and beverages
- Enjoy a short and relaxing cruise on a 17m luxury catamaran
- Be guided by super friendly skipper and crew
- Experience a guided walk around Ruby Island to the summit
- Discover the history of the 1920’s dance hall on the island
- Take in the outstanding views of the lake and mountain scenery
- Make memories with friends and family of all ages
- Perfect for guests with children and those with limited time
- This cruise departs daily at 1pm, returning at 2pm
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your cruise time
- Please allow approximately 1.5 hours for this tour
- This cruise departs from the Lake front at 100 Ardmore St, Wanaka, between the Old Town Jetty and the Dinosaur Park
What To Bring
- Bottled water & snacks
- Warm jacket (during cooler weather)
- Flat soled, closed in shoes or boots
- Cruise requires a minimum of 4 guest to run
- Cruise is subject to weather conditions, you will be advised if there are any changes to your departure
- All cruises require a minimum of 4 adult bookings to run. Cruises with less than 4 adults booked may be cancelled by the operator on or before the scheduled cruise time
- Please allow 20 minutes for the island walk. As it rises 20m above the beach, an average level of fitness and mobility is required
- If you do not wish to take part in the full walk, you can remain on the boat, visit the beach or complete part of the walk
- Due to uneven surfaces, this experience is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Guest age – Guests younger than thirteen years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
- From 30 days to 24 hours prior to departure: 50%
- Less than 24 hours before departure: 100%
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- Mobile Vouchers are accepted! - Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Availability is accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control. We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Bring the family and enjoy the sights and sounds of New Zealand's most famous animals at Kiwi Park, just 5 minutes from the Queenstown centre!
Embark on a tour to see Royal Albatross in their natural habitat with this viewing tour in the beautiful Otago Peninsula region. Book your tour here.
Visit New Zealand's Te Anau's famous underground network of glow worm caves on this tour that will take you directly into their heart. Free for kids under 4 years.
Cruise the smooth, clear waters of Lake Wakatipu aboard the steam-driven vessel "the Lady of the Lake" for a Queenstown experience to step back in time.
Get a taste of a warm kiwi welcome as you disembark from your TSS Earnslaw cruise of Lake Wakatipu & experience Walter Peak High Country Farm's hospitality.
Travel to Middle Earth and visit the locations and stunning scenery that inspired Peter Jackson's 'Lord of The Rings' sequels in Glenorchy, NZ.
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
10 Amazing Gold Coast Play Centres To Visit This Summer
Discover the top Gold Coast indoor playgrounds and outdoor play centres perfect for families with kids and teens seeking fun and adventure.
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!