Ulva Island Explorer Cruise and Guided Walk
Leisurely cruise of beautiful Paterson Inlet
Hidden coves and unspoilt beaches
Detailed commentary throughout the cruise
Rare plants and predator-free bird sanctuary
45-minute guided walk
Lunch add-on available
- Paterson Inlet cruise departing Stewart Island
- 45 minute Guided Walk on Ulva Island Wildlife Sanctuary
- Opportunity to see some native rare birdlife such as the Weka, Saddlebacks and Yellowheads
- On board nature guide
- No lunch. Add on available after purchase.
- Enjoy a leisurely cruise of beautiful Paterson Inlet viewing hidden coves and unspoilt beaches. Along the way learn about the early Maori history and European settlement including whaling. Our skipper and nature guide provide detailed commentary throughout the cruise and are happy to answer any questions
- Then disembark at Ulva Island, a renowned wildlife sanctuary for a 45-minute guided walk with a specialist nature guide. View rare plants and rich birdlife, including the inquisitive weka, which are often seen on the beach
- For the remainder of the cruise around Paterson Inlet, relax on board our modern catamaran and enjoy the coastal scenery before heading back to base
- On board, keep a look out for fur seals and penguins – we see a lot of them around this area.
- The cruise will showcase some of Paterson Inlet’s stunning scenery with its hidden coves and unspoilt beaches
- Paterson Inlet is home to renowned wildlife sanctuary Ulva Island and we’ll stop there for a 45 minute guided walk
- Paterson Inlet Cruise departs at 12.45pm and returns at 3.15pm between 1 Oct - 30 Apr
- In the month of May & September the cruise departs at 12noon and returns at 2.45pm
- Sandwich, fresh fruit, muesli slice/piece of cake, cheese and crackers, fruit drink, dried fruits (raisins, berries, etc.), complimentary tea and coffee. If you require a vegetarian lunch, or have any special dietary needs, please call the tour operator to advise once you have received your voucher (Their contact phone number will be printed on your voucher)
- Please order your lunch when you make your booking. Lunch contents may vary
What To Bring
- Non-slip shoes/boots
- Waterproof jacket
- Warm sweater/fleece jacket
- Insect repellent
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control. We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements
- Prices are seasonal and are constantly changing. The from price displayed may not always be the price you are going to pay, as once you click on your specified date, the price will change to reflect the price for that date/season. Please note that in some cases where you cannot click on a date to obtain the price, please call us so we can assist you
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Bring the family and enjoy the sights and sounds of New Zealand's most famous animals at Kiwi Park, just 5 minutes from the Queenstown centre!
Embark on a tour to see Royal Albatross in their natural habitat with this viewing tour in the beautiful Otago Peninsula region. Book your tour here.
Visit New Zealand's Te Anau's famous underground network of glow worm caves on this tour that will take you directly into their heart. Free for kids under 4 years.
Cruise the smooth, clear waters of Lake Wakatipu aboard the steam-driven vessel "the Lady of the Lake" for a Queenstown experience to step back in time.
Get a taste of a warm kiwi welcome as you disembark from your TSS Earnslaw cruise of Lake Wakatipu & experience Walter Peak High Country Farm's hospitality.
Travel to Middle Earth and visit the locations and stunning scenery that inspired Peter Jackson's 'Lord of The Rings' sequels in Glenorchy, NZ.
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!
16 Amazing Christmas Gift Ideas For Music Lovers In 2023
Looking for unique Christmas gift ideas for music lovers and musicians? Find best gifts for music lovers, that aren't just headphones or bluetooth speakers!