Mount Cook Day Tour ex Queenstown Return
What you need to know
On this full day Mount Cook tour, an experienced guide brings you to the many highlights from Queenstown to Mount Cook, ensuring you don’t miss a thing! Departing Queenstown, you first travel through the rugged Kawarau River Gorge, a historical gold mining region, through Cromwell, a famous fruit-growing region, and through Lindis Pass, skirting Lake Dunstan. For your first stop, you can enjoy a morning tea in Omarama.
Next, you continue along the spectacular high country of the Mackenzie Basin to the Aoraki/ Mt Cook National Park, home to over thirty 3,000 metre high peaks, five of New Zealand’s largest glaciers and its highest mountain, Mount Cook, standing at 3,754 metres. In the nearby Mount Cook Village, enjoy lunch (own expense) in the midst of a stunning alpine landscape.
There, you have the option to enjoy the scenic region on a scenic flight with The Helicopter Line or Mount Cook Ski Planes (own expense). From here, you take the same scenic journey in reverse, returning to Queenstown. The Kawarau River Gorge, Lake Dunstan, Mackenzie Basin and Mount Cook Village—see it all on this full day Mount Cook tour!
- Kawarau River Gorge
- Lake Dunstan
- Mackenzie Basin
- Aoraki / Mount Cook National Park
- Mount Cook Village
- Optional Scenic Flight (own expense, this flight can be arranged with your driver/guide)
Hotel Pick Up
- A complimentary hotel-pick up is included in this day tour. At the time of booking, please select your designated accommodation property to book this in and obtain your pick-up time. Please ensure you are waiting 10 minutes prior at your designated pick-up location
If you have booked a hotel
- Select your hotel name and pick up time from the location drop down list provided. If your hotel is not listed, select an alternative hotel in close proximity and make your way to that hotel on the day of the tour. Alternatively, choose Athol Street in the middle of the car park from the location drop down list and make your way to that location on the day of the tour, as this is the main departure point
If you have not yet booked a hotel
- Select Athol Street in the middle of the car park from the location drop down list provided as this is the main departure point for the tour. Once your hotel arrangements have been finalised, you can contact the local tour operator to change your pick up details. Local tour operator's contact details will appear on your tour voucher
If your hotel is not listed or you do not require a hotel pick up
- Select Athol Street in the middle of the car park from the location drop down list provided as this is the main departure point for the tour. Make your way to this location at least 15 minutes prior to the tour departure time
Tour Time and Departure Location
- This tour departs at 7.45am from Athol Street in the middle of the car park or hotel pickups and drop offs can be arranged. This tour returns at 6.30pm to Athol Street in the middle of the car park.
Terms and Conditions
- No refund will be made against customer failure to report prior to departure. Claims for refunds due to circumstances beyond the control of tour operators, service supplier or customer should be submitted in writing, but no later than 30 days after the date of tour departure. Refunds must be claimed within 30 days of cancellation. It is recommended that customers adequately insure themselves against cancellation charges and the possible loss of money or personal belongings.
- 3 - 12 years inclusive. Infants under 3 years old no charge when not occupying a seat, however please advise sales staff when an infant is travelling. This applies to all tours except for GS9NW, GS9RNW, GS9ENW, GS9DN, CRW, KBA & KBP where child fares are 5 - 14 years inclusive and infants under 5 years. On GSOB1 child fares are 2-14 inclusive.
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience.
- Mobile Vouchers are accepted! - Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction.
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
Mount Cook Day Tour ex Queenstown ReturnAthol St, Auckland, NZ