Mou Waho Island Cruise and Nature Walk
Breathtaking views of the lake & mountains
See Buff Weka (flightless NZ native bird)
2 hour cruise along the clear waters of Lake Wanaka
Knowledgable & friendly guides
Fresh morning tea served onboard
Learn about the history, geology & culture of the island
Book this Lake Wanaka Cruise here to enjoy return transfers to Mou Waho Island Nature Reserve and a guided 60-minute hike to view the natural glacial lake at the summit. Mou Waho Island offers one of the best hikes in Wanaka with incredible mountain scenery. Throughout the 1km nature walk, knowledgable guides will share the local history, geology and Maori history with you as you take in the fresh mountain air and rugged scenery.
Combining a relaxing Lake Wanaka Cruise with a gentle hike, this tour will take approximately 3.5 hours and a complimentary morning tea is served upon your return to Wanaka. If you love the outdoors and the opportunity to cruise Lake Wanaka then this is the tour for you.
- 2 hour luxury catamaran cruise on Lake Wanaka
- 1km guided nature walk
- Morning tea
- Friendly knowledgable skipper and crew onboard
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Transfers from accomodation
- Enjoy a luxury big boat cruise on the crystal clear waters of Lake Wanaka to the remote Mou Waho Island nature reserve, home of the lake, on an island, in a lake (on an island in an ocean)
- A one hour guided bush walk will take guests up to a natural glacial formed lake right on top of the island and magnificent mountain and lake scenery in every direction
- Visit the unique natural glacial lake at the island summit
- Learn about the interesting history, geology, culture, flora and fauna of the area
- Capture the breathtaking views of the lake and surround scenery
- Indulge in a fresh morning tea served while cruising back to Wanaka
- Mou Waho Island is a predator-free Department of Conservation reserve and home to many native birds rarely seen on mainland NZ
- Cruise departs at 9am and returns at 12.30pm
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to departure to check in
- Please allow approximately 4 hours for this tour
- Cruise departs from the Lake front at 100 Ardmore Street, Wanaka
What To Bring
- Bottled water and snacks
- Warm jacket (during cooler weather)
- Flat soled, closed in shoes or boots
- All cruises require a minimum of 4 adult bookings to run. Cruises with less than 4 adults booked may be cancelled by the operator on or before the scheduled cruise time
- Cruise is subject to weather conditions, you will be advised if there are any changes to your departure
- If cruise is cancelled you be will offered an alternative option
- Please allow 1hour for the Island walk, it is 1 km in total length and rises 150 m above the beach, an above average level of fitness and mobility is required
- If you do not wish to take part in the full walk, you can remain on the boat, visit the beach or complete part of the walk
- Due to uneven surfaces, this experience is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- Mobile Vouchers are accepted! - Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Availability is accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control. We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Bring the family and enjoy the sights and sounds of New Zealand's most famous animals at Kiwi Park, just 5 minutes from the Queenstown centre!
Embark on a tour to see Royal Albatross in their natural habitat with this viewing tour in the beautiful Otago Peninsula region. Book your tour here.
Visit New Zealand's Te Anau's famous underground network of glow worm caves on this tour that will take you directly into their heart. Free for kids under 4 years.
Cruise the smooth, clear waters of Lake Wakatipu aboard the steam-driven vessel "the Lady of the Lake" for a Queenstown experience to step back in time.
Get a taste of a warm kiwi welcome as you disembark from your TSS Earnslaw cruise of Lake Wakatipu & experience Walter Peak High Country Farm's hospitality.
Travel to Middle Earth and visit the locations and stunning scenery that inspired Peter Jackson's 'Lord of The Rings' sequels in Glenorchy, NZ.
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
10 Amazing Gold Coast Play Centres To Visit This Summer
Discover the top Gold Coast indoor playgrounds and outdoor play centres perfect for families with kids and teens seeking fun and adventure.
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!