Dreamtime Gorge Walk Half Day Tour from Port Douglas
What you need to know
A visit to the Mossman Gorge is a must do activity for visitors in Cairns and Port Douglas! The 90 minute Dreamtime Walk led by Indigenous elders takes visitors through the rainforest to sacred ceremonial sites and provides insights into the Kuku Yalanji culture and traditions.
This half day experience begins with return transfers from Port Douglas accommodation to the Mossman Gorge. From here you will begin the walk with a traditional smoking ceremony before hearing the stories and legends of the Kuku Yalanji culture.
Experienced Indigenous guides will demonstrate how to make soap and ochre paint as well as identify plant use and bush food sources. As you wander through the rainforest past traditional shelters and water streams learn about their special relationship with the land. Finish the tour with traditional bush tea and damper. After the tour you can spend some time browsing through the Indigenous art gallery, gift shop or at the Mayi Cafe before returning to Port Douglas.
Don’t miss out! Book your Dreamtime Gorge Walk with transfers online today!
- Return transfers from Port Douglas accommodation
- 1.5 hour Dreamtime Gorge Walk
- Experienced Indigenous guides
- Exclusive access to Kuku Yalanji land
- Stories of the Kuku Yalanji culture & traditions
- Traditional smoking ceremony
- Bush tea and damper
- Your half day tour begins with a convenient hotel pick up from Port Douglas, approximately 25 minutes from Mossman Gorge
- Experience the wonders of the World Heritage-listed Daintree Rainforest and discover pristine waterfalls, mountains and vivid flora and fauna
- Your experienced Indigenous guide will demonstrate traditional plant use, identify bush soaps and ochre paints
- After your guided walk, spend time browsing through the centre’s contemporary Indigenous art gallery, visit the gift shop or relax at the Mayi Café
- Tours depart from Port Douglas accommodations around 8.30am and return around 1 - 1.30pm
What to Bring
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Water bottle
- Insect repellent
- Light weight cotton clothing
- Children must be accompanied by a paying adult
- Level/Grade of the walks - Easy
- Wheelchair accessibility - No
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- Mobile Vouchers are accepted! - Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control. We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements
Dreamtime Gorge Walk Half Day Tour from Port Douglas212 Mossman Gorge Rd, Mossman Gorge, QLD 4873