Whale Watching Jervis Bay
What you need to know
From May to November each year, experience the ultimate whale watching experience in New South Whales with a Jervis Bay whale watching tour! Explore Jervis Bay - located around 2.5 hours from Sydney - in a luxurious whale watching vessel with fantastic viewing areas that have been specially designed to maximise or viewing the amazing marine life you'll encounter throughout. The sheltered waters of the Jervis Bay Marine Park offer a quiet sanctuary for migrating whales and they love to visit these warm waters and play with their calves along the picturesque coastline. Sometimes whales can even approach the whale watch boat of their own curiosity to say hello! On this 2 hour whale watching tour from Jervis Bay, guests have the chance to see Humpback and Southern Right whales and at play in their natural habitat with spectacular displays of breaching and tail slapping.
The scenic surrounds of Jervis Bay also make the perfect backdrop for photographing wildlife, with a wonderful coastal and beach environment that makes this cruise a great way to sightsee as well. purpose-built boats each with their own unique features; one vessel has a submersible camera and another has awesome underwater viewing windows so that you can view the whales and dolphins beneath the ocean waves. In addition, the Jervis Bay Marine Park is also renowned for other species of marine life, particularly dolphins, so you'll have plenty of other highlights to see throughout too! The tour departs from Huskisson, leaving at 10:30am and 1:00pm.
- 2 Hour Whale Watching Cruise in Jervis Bay
- Transfers from Sydney CBD
- Specially designed with unique underwater viewing windows, allowing passengers the opportunity to view Jervis Bay and all its wildlife above, below and beyond
- Dolphins & other marine life
- Guarantee sightings : A re-cruise voucher will be issued, if no whales sighted (no refund)
- Departure : 10.30am and 1pm
- Boarding 15 minutes prior
- Mid May - Mid November
- 58 Owen Street, Huskisson NSW 2540
- Please note Jervis Bay is located over 2.5 hours from Sydney CBD
- Humpbacks are the most acrobatic of all the great whales
- Humpbacks get their name from the way they hump their back before they sound, or dive
- Humpback whales are the fifth largest animal on the planet
- At birth, they are about 4.5m long and weigh about 1,300kg
- Humpback whales grow up to 15m in length and can weigh up to 48,000kg. That’s equivalent to 11 elephants or 600 persons each!
- Females grow larger than males
- Females calve every 2-3 years
- Their pectoral fins are one-third the length of their body
- A protected species, Humpback whales are increasing in numbers by about 13% each year
- Please do not be late as vessels must leave on time.
- Child ticket is valid for ages 2-14. Children must be supervised by an adult at all times.
- Not suitable for women past their sixth month (24 weeks) pregnancy.
- It is advised that passengers who may experience motion sickness to visit their pharmacy before boarding
- Strictly no alcohol to be taken on-board, and no smoking permitted on the vessel.
- Departure times subject to change as some vessels have tide issues.
- Routes may vary at the discretion of our skippers due to wind and sea conditions
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- Mobile Vouchers are accepted! - Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Cruise vessel subject to change without notice
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control
- We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements
- Prices are seasonal and are constantly changing. The from price displayed may not always be the price you are going to pay, as once you click on your specified date, the price will change to reflect the price for that date/season. Please note that in some cases where you cannot click on a date to obtain the price, please call us so we can assist you
Whale Watching Jervis Bay58 Owen Street, Huskisson, NSW 2540