Sorrento Sightseeing Cruise With An Optional Dolphin And Seal Swim
What you need to know
Enjoy an interactive wildlife experience from Sorrento with this epic sightseeing cruise and dolphin and seal swim. Departing Sorrento Pier at 9am between October and April, you'll climb aboard the vessel en route to Port Phillip Bay. Before reaching the bay guests will be treated to a light breakfast while cruising around the region taking in the beautiful coastal sights.
Upon the arrival at Chinaman's Hat, you'll wade into the water to play with the friendly Australian fur seals that inhabit the area. Chinaman's Hat is a man made floating structure designed for the seals, it floats in the shallows reaching depths of only 4 metres. The second interaction for the day is with the local and playful dolphins. In groups of ten, you'll be ushered into the water calmly while the guides try to bring the dolphins closer. As you're floating by the dolphins will be swimming underneath, circling and showing off some of their best tricks. This is an incredible experience that you don't want to miss, and if your group is unfortunate in not seeing any dolphins, guests are invited to come back for free.
The day isn't complete until you've donned a snorkel and mask and jumped in to swim with Sea Dragons. Unique to the Sorrento region, the sea dragons are the marine emblem for Victoria and add an exciting and exclusive element to your adventure.
This three hour cruise is the perfect way to explore the waters off the Victorian coast and come in to contact with some of the local marine life. A memorable experience for all involved! Book your morning or afternoon dolphin, seal and sea dragon swim and sightseeing cruise from Sorrento online today!
- November to April
- 3 hour cruise
- Refreshments on each tour
- All snorkelling equipment including wetsuits
- On board cafe
- Qualified guides
- On board hot showers, toilets and change facilities
- Guided activities by qualified naturalists
- Hotel transfers
- An exciting 3 hour adventure swimming with wild seals and dolphins
- Snorkel alongside friendly Fur Seals and watch wild Dolphins swim freely all around you
- Step aboard the ‘Moonraker’ to experience a magical adventure
- The ever curious Australian Fur Seals are waiting to share their underwater world with you
- Cruise over to Popes Eye, Marine Park for a look at the Australasian Gannets and snorkel with the vast array of colourful fish
- Cruise magnificent Port Phillip Bay in search of the inspiring Bottlenose Dolphins
- On the way back to Sorrento, you can enjoy morning or afternoon of afternoon tea, take a hot shower or just sit back and enjoy the sunshine and crystal waters of our beautiful bay
- Tours depart from Sorrento Pier at 9:00am from November to April
- 3 hours
- Swimming tours do not cater for people with no swimming ability, all guests are required to have basic swimming ability as a minimum
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the tour
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
Sorrento Sightseeing Cruise With An Optional Dolphin And Seal SwimSorrento Pier, Esplanade Road, Sorrento, VIC 3943