Milford Sound Scenic Cruise with Flight from Queenstown
What you need to know
Enjoy the best of the scenic Milford Sound area of New Zealand from both the water and the air with this combo package that includes scenic flights from Queenstown to Milford Sound and back again. Get there in style, enjoy the relaxation and stunning scenery on your scenic cruise, and once it's all over return to Queenstown by air once more!
- Return scenic flight between Queenstown and Milford Sound
- Scenic Cruise of the fiord
- Snack box included on the 8am departure
- Picnic lunch included on the 10am, 12 noon and 2pm departures
- Interpretation handouts: English, German, Spanish, Portuguese, French, Chinese, Korean, Japanese and Thai
- Additional Japanese Obento lunch option can be pre-ordered and paid for separately
- Following a transfer to the Queenstown airport, board your flight to Milford Sound. During the 35 minute scenic flight, take in expansive views of golden tussocked high country and the upper reaches of Lake Wakatipu and fly over the snow- capped Southern Alps.
- A hidden landscape unfolds below revealing glacial lakes, waterfalls, densely forested valleys and cloud-piercing summits.
- On arrival at Milford Sound, join a spectacular one hour 40 minute cruise to the mouth of the fiord on a spacious, modern vessel with excellent viewing opportunities. Keep a look out for seals basking on the rocks, dolphins and penguins. Enjoy scenic highlights such as Mitre Peak and Pembroke Glacier.
- Informative commentary explains the history and highlights points of interest during the cruise. Complimentary tea and coffee is available.
- Following the cruise, guests are transferred to the Milford airport for the scenic flight back to Queenstown. Return taxi transfers are provided to accommodation on arrival at Queenstown Airport.
- 8.00am departure available from 1 Oct - 15 Apr
- 10am departure available all year round
- 12noon departure available from 1 May - 30 Sep
- 2pm departure available from 1 Oct - 15 Apr
- The departure location is Lucas Place, Queenstown Airport. Pick up from accommodation or Real Journeys Visitor Centre in Queenstown commences one hour prior to departure times from Queenstown airport and may take up to 20 minutes
What to Bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Waterproof jacket
- Warm clothing
- Insect repellent
- All flights operate subject to weather and flight path may vary subject to cloud coverage
- Suitable for all ages
- Daily peak and off peak price variation
- Child rates apply for 4 - 14 years
- Infants 0 - 3 years carried free of charge where the infant sits on parent's knee, otherwise child rates apply
- Food can be purchased on-board and items include paninis, pies, sandwiches, soup of the day, sausage rolls, muffins and cakes, fruit and confectionary. All vessels have a fully licensed bar (menu subject to change without notice)
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control. We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements
- Prices are seasonal and are constantly changing. The from price displayed may not always be the price you are going to pay, as once you click on your specified date, the price will change to reflect the price for that date/season. Please note that in some cases where you cannot click on a date to obtain the price, please call us so we can assist you
- Cruise vessel subject to change without notice
- Mobile Vouchers are accepted! - Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
Milford Sound Scenic Cruise with Flight from Queenstown2/74 Shotover St, Queenstown, OTAGO 9300