Milford Sound Nature Cruise from Milford
What you need to know
For a truly close-up experience of the rainforests, towering walls and myriad wildlife to be found at Milford Sound, join this scenic nature cruise that will see you accompanied by highly qualified, knowledgeable and experienced nature guides who can provide you with all the details on the history and geography of the surrounding majestic features. The guide will use this knowledge to share stories of the region with you throughout the day and are happy to answer questions and queries about the fiord.
These Milford Sound Nature Cruises have a flexible itinerary that will allow you plenty of time to enjoy the huge array of scenery on offer and also make stops to view specific highlights, which make for some incredible photo opportunities. You'll get to cruise so close to the cascading waterfalls that the water will soak the ship's deck, drift gently while watching for dolphins, seals and penguins, and much more.
- Extended and interactive full length fiord cruise
- Complimentary tea and coffee on board
- Dedicated nature guide with specialist knowledge of the region's history, flora and fauna
- Wildlife viewing opportunities including seals, penguins and dolphins
- Sight wildlife including seals, dolphins and penguins when in season
- Lunch options available (must be booked in advance)
- Milford Discovery Centre - This can be added on to the return leg of the 10.30am cruise only. After the visit to the Discovery Centre, you are returned by water taxi to the Milford Boat Harbour arriving approximately 30 minutes later than the scheduled return time of your Milford Sound Nature Cruise.
- This cruises is a 2.5 hour cruise. Please note between 1 May - 31 Oct it is only 2 hours.
- 10.30am (All year round)
- 4.15pm (Nov - Mar only)
What to bring
- Non-slip shoes/boots, waterproof jacket, warm sweater/fleece jacket, sunscreen/sunglasses, insect repellent, and camera.
- Milford Sound Visitor Centre, Milford
- Sandwich – ham. egg, tomato, lettuce, cheese
- Cheese and Crackers
- Piece of Fruit – Fresh Fruit of the season
- Chocolate Bar
- Mineral Water
- Nut Snack
- Complimentary Tea and Coffee available on all vessels
- Miso Soup
- Salmon and Avocado Maki
- Cucumber Sushi Roll
- Tuna Nigiri
- Inari Sushi
- Steamed Banana Prawns
- Marinated Tofu
- Poached Teriyaki Chicken
- Steamed Vegetables
- Soba Noodles, rice and accompaniments such as soy sauce and wasabi
If you require a vegetarian lunch, or have any other special dietary needs please add this into the comments box during the booking process. Please order the lunch you would like when you make your booking. This cruise uses halal certified meat in Milford Sound.
Note: Lunch menus are indicative only and is not available on the 4.15pm sailing
Cruise Vessel Information
The Milford Sound Nature Cruises interchanges between 3 vessels - Milford Mariner, MV Sinbad and Milford Wanderer. The Milford Mariner is a traditional style motor vessel with staysail and schooner-rigged sails. It has a dining saloon, observation lounge and three viewing deck. It holds up to 150 people and is 40 metres in length. The Milford Wanderer is of similar nature. This vessel has gaff-rigged ketch sails, 2 viewing decks and holds up to 90 people. The MV Sinbad holds up to 99 passengers and is a purpose built motor vessel mono hull.
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control. We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements
- Prices are seasonal and are constantly changing. The from price displayed may not always be the price you are going to pay, as once you click on your specified date, the price will change to reflect the price for that date/season. Please note that in some cases where you cannot click on a date to obtain the price, please call us so we can assist you
- Cruise vessel subject to change without notice
Milford Sound Nature Cruise from Milford88 Beach St, Queenstown, NZ 9197