The Big 3 Starting from Launceston
What you need to know
Explore three of Tasmania's must-see attractions; Cradle Mountain, Port Arthur andWineglass Bay with this adventurous 3 day tour from Launceston.
Day one sees you travel to Cradle Mountain National Park to explore the mountain, Dove Lake and its beautiful surrounds. You'll be given up to 5 hours to explore Cradle Mountain and in that time you can follow one of the many walking trails available, sit back and enjoy the atmosphere or go wildlife spotting - the choice is yours. This day begins at 7:30am and returns to Launceston at 6.30pm, guests are advised they need to organise their own accommodation at their own expense.
The second day begins at 7:30am with you packing into the coach with your luggage en route to Wineglass Bay within Freycinet National Park. This is a popular attraction in Tasmania and with the help of your tour guide you'll be able to see all of its best sights including Wineglass Bay Lookout, Cape Tourville's short walk and lookout and Honeymoon and Sleepy Bay. If you want to embark on your own adventure you can continue following the Wineglass Bay trail to Wineglass Beach to spend time swimming and relaxing on the shore. The day will conclude with a journey on to Hobart where you will spend the night at the accommodation you have organised for yourself.
Day three is spent exploring Port Arthur within the Tasman Peninsula. Here you can enjoy a range of attractions including walking trails and scenic lookouts as well as visiting Tasman Arch, Devils Kitchen and the Tasmanian Devil Unzoo. Enjoy walking on to Waterfall Bay where you'll be able to admire the region's natural beauty. This is the perfect end to an incredibly scenic three days, and you'll be transported back to Hobart by 6pm to spend the night.
In addition to accommodation, meals are not included so be sure to bring your own or bring money to purchase some along the way. Additionally, this tour is also available in reverse from Launceston to Hobart. Tours departs Monday, Wednesday & Friday from November - April and Wednesday & Friday from May - October.
- National Park entrance fees
- Wildlife park entrance fees
- Professional guides & interpretative walks
- CBD Hotel/Hostel pick up and drop off
- Airport drop off’s on request
- Meals are not included
- Accommodation not included. Book your accommodation of choice to suit your budget and style and we collect you daily
DAY 1: CRADLE MOUNTAIN
- Cradle Mountain National Park (5+ hours)
- A variety of short walks – all fully guided
- Dove Lake Walk or the longer Marion’s Lookout
- Sheffield, township of 30+ murals
- Van Diemands Land Ice Creamery
DAY 2: WINEGLASS BAY & FREYCINET
- Freycinet National Park (4+ hours)
- Wineglass Bay Lookout
- Cape Tourville short walk and lookout
- Honeymoon Bay & Sleepy Bay
DAY 3: PORT ARTHUR & TASSIE DEVILS
- Waterfall Bay Cliff Top Walk
- Pirate’s Bay Lookout, Tasman Arch, Devils Kitchen, Doo Town
- Explore the Tasmanian Devil Unzoo
- Experience the ferocious action of a Tasmanian Devil feeding
- Port Arthur Historic Site (2.5hrs)
- Guided Walk & Harbour Cruise
- Richmond Historic Village
- Hobart City Lookout
- The tour departs Monday, Wednesday & Friday (01Nov - 30 April) and Wednesday & Friday (01 May- 30 Oct) (7.00am to 7.30am depending on your location)
- Returning to Hobart on Day 3 at 6.00pm
If you have booked a hotel
- Prior to completing your purchase, enter your hotel name in the 'Add Booking Notes' section of the shopping cart. Once your booking is confirmed, you will receive a confirmation tour voucher with complete tour operator details. You will be required to contact the tour operator a minimum of 48hrs prior to your day of travel to reconfirm your hotel pick up time
If you have not yet booked a hotel
- If you have not yet booked a hotel, enter the words 'hotel not known' in the 'Add Booking Notes' section of the shopping cart. Once your booking is confirmed, you will receive a confirmation tour voucher with complete tour operator details. You will be required to contact the tour operator a minimum of 48hrs prior to your day of travel to reconfirm your hotel pick up time
If you do not require a hotel pick up
- If you do not require a hotel pick up and will be meeting the tour at the tour departure point, enter the words 'not required' in the 'Add Booking Notes' section of the shopping cart. Once your booking is confirmed, you will receive a confirmation tour voucher with complete tour operator details. You will be required to contact the tour operator a minimum of 48hrs prior to your day of travel to reconfirm your tour. Tour departure point is listed above and on your confirmation tour voucher
What To Bring
- Sensible shoes for walking
- A variety of warm & weatherproof clothing
- Hat & Sunscreen
- Large water bottle, snacks, lunch (or buy it on the day)
- Sense of adventure
- On day 2: Bring all your luggage!
- Minimum child age is 8 yrs
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- Mobile Vouchers are accepted! - Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control
- We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 48hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements
Confirmation in the form of an e-voucher will be sent to your email at the time of purchase. Although we do our best to deliver it instantly, occasionally, this may take up to 6 hours for the e-voucher to be delivered. For any queries, please get in touch with us . We're always happy to help.