Cradle Mountain World Heritage Day Tour
Guided walks & interpretation
Enjoy a short stop in Sheffield - The Town of Murals
Iconic scenery of Cradle Mountain World Heritage Area
Spot the famous & friendly Cradle wombats
Taste local produce at Ashgrove Cheese Factory
Choice of Dove's Lake Circuit or Marion's Lookout walks
- National Parks Entrance Fees
- Friendly and knowledgeable tour guides
- Informative tours and guided walks
- Small group limit of 20 people per tour
- Pick-up and drop off from selected hotels
- Food and drinks - you will have an opportunity to stop enroute to the National Park to purchase lunch/snacks to take along with you for your tour day. This stop is in a regional town at a local Bakery. The selection includes sandwiches, rolls, wraps etc. If you have special dietary requirements or prefer other choices, you may wish to come prepared with your own food of choice. Lunch will be in a picnic area at Freycinet National Park.
- Explore Cradle Mountain National Park (approx. 4-5 hours)
- Stand on the shore of the spectacular setting of Dove Lake
- Enjoy a guided introductory walk and interpretation to the area
- Take on the Dove Lake Circuit walk (easy grade 6km’s 2-3 hours)
- Or, take on the harder walk to the lofty views of Marion’s Lookout (medium grade 2-3 hours)
- Explore historic Weindorfers Chalet
- Visit Sheffield the ‘Town of Murals’ an outdoor art gallery with murals painted across the town showing the history of the area.
- Enjoy a delicious stop at Van Dieman’s Land Ice Creamery & Christmas Hills Raspberry Farm to refresh & refuel after a full day out in the mountains.
- Duration : 1 day
- The tour departs Launceston Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 7:30am
- Returning to Launceston 6:00pm
- The general meet point is the Hotel Grand Chancellor, 29 Cameron Street, Launceston at 7:20am
What To Bring
- A day backpack
- Large water bottle, snacks, lunch (or buy it on the day)
- Closed, sturdy shoes for walking (runners, sneakers, hiking boots)
- Sensible clothes for outdoor conditions (warm layers are a great idea!)
- Waterproof jacket, just in case.
- Sunhat and beanie
- Although most of the walks are classified as easy, a suitable level of general health & fitness and physical abilities is essential.
- All tour participants will be participating in outdoor, active activities and therefore subject to the outdoor weather conditions of the day.
- Children under 8 years of age are not permitted to travel.
- Customers must advise Tours Tasmania of their intent to cancel their tour booking via email to [email protected] The time stamp on the email will define the cancellation time and the fees/charges that apply.
- Customer Cancellation: 48 hours or less, prior to tour departure time, or no shows – 100% fee applies, no refunds applicable, for any reason.
- Customer Cancellation: More than 48 hours prior to tour departure – full refund of tour fee will be returned to the customer.
- Requests to change tour departure dates are subject to the cancellation policy. A request to change your tour date within 48 hours of tour departure, will be subject to the above cancellation policy, amendment to this is at management discretion.
- If you are late to your pickup point, you will be classed as a no show and subject to the above cancellation policy.
- The cancellation policy will stand regardless of cancellation reason. We recommend you have travel insurance to protect yourself against last minute illness and travel disruptions, we will incur no liability for any disruptions to your travel plans.
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Tasmania's SeaHorse World provides a unique educational tour experience through a fascinating aquarium dedicated to the preservation and conservation of the
Explore the beautiful Hollybank Treetops with a daytime adventure tour! Book here.
Cruise the beautiful waters of Tasmania's mighty Gordon River with this 6 hour adventure through lovely waterways rich in both scenery and history.
Cruise the Gordon River in style from Strahan to enjoy a buffet dinner, guided walks and an unforgettable sunset.
Discover the beauty of Freycinet National Park on this 5.5 hour guided walk with a morning tea on Wineglass Bay, gourmet picnic lunch and aqua taxi transfer
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!
16 Amazing Christmas Gift Ideas For Music Lovers In 2023
Looking for unique Christmas gift ideas for music lovers and musicians? Find best gifts for music lovers, that aren't just headphones or bluetooth speakers!