Cradle Mountain National Park Tour from Launceston
What you need to know
One of Tasmania's most recognisable and visually appealing sights, Cradle Mountain National Park is a sight worth seeing. With cascading waterfalls, dramatic landscapes and truly breathtaking views you'll be astonished at the natural beauty that presents itself in this Tasmanian gem. Gray Line Sightseeing will take you around the region pointing out and showcasing all of the best spots along the way. Travelling through quaint towns such as Deloraine, Carrick and Hagley you'll begin to get a feel of the kind of lifestyle that is lived and enjoyed out here en route to the Cradle Mountains.
Once you've reached the main attraction; Cradle Mountain National Park, your journey will really begin. As you stroll along the Enchanted Forest Walk, look up to the powerful Cradle Mountain and look across the picturesque Dove Lake, you'll gain a new appreciation of the Australian outdoors. Be sure to have your camera at the ready as there are incredible photo opportunities at every turn during this tour.
Keep your eyes peeled for some local residents who might pop their heads out to say hello. You might meet some wombats, potoroos, wallabies, echidnas and even some platypus! To conclude the day you'll stop at Ashgrove Cheese Farm to sample some of the local produce; their famous Tasmanian cheese. This is a wonderful way to end the day and the perfect reward for all of the exploring from the day.
Tours are conducted daily - and run for approximately 9 hours with an 8am departure and 5:15pm return.
- Full day tour
- National Park entry fee
- Ashgrove Cheese Farm
- Expert commentary and guide
- Snacks such as fresh fruit
- Picnic style lunch such as sandwiches
- Travel through green pastures South West of Launceston
- The mountains of the Great Western Tiers guide you towards Cradle Mountain National Park
- Pass quaint and historical towns of Carrick, Hagley and Westbury
- Scenic town of Deloraine - hub between Launceston and Devonport
- Travel further inland passing Australian Blue Gum and pine plantations
- Tour Sheffield - the town of murals
- Traverse through dense forest and mountainous terrain
- Cross the beautiful Cethana Dam made to support hydro scheme
- Look for wombats, potoroos and wallabies in Cradle Mountain National Park
- Visit the Cradle Mountain Visitor Centre for an appreciation of the Cradle Mountain National Park
- Take a short stroll along the Enchanted Forest Walk viewing pencil pine, lush forest and a spectacular waterfall
- Stand in awe as you take in the powerful and majestic Cradle Mountain reigning over the picturesque
- Dove Lake
- Take a short walk around Dove Lake taking in the views of Cradle Mountain (weather permitting)
- Visit Waldheim Chalet (the forest home) of Gustav Weindorfers
- Stop at Ashgrove Cheese Farm for some famous Tasmanian cheese
- Learn how cheese is made and sample the numerous varieties of cheese made on the premises.
- Tours depart on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays at 8am and return at 5:15pm
What to Bring
- Comfortable shoes and clothes
- Water bottle
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the tour
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
Cradle Mountain National Park Tour from Launceston182 Cimetiere St, Launceston, TAS 7250