Kangaroo Island Dolphin Safari Cruise
What you need to know
Enjoy a 75 minute Ocean Safari Cruise along the waters surrounding beautiful Kangaroo Island with this Kangaroo Island Ocean Dolphin Safari. With the assistance of your skipper turned tour guide, you'll enjoy a cruise filled with beautiful sightseeing and informative commentary about the local history, wildlife and geological information.
With the chance to view the marine life that inhabit the area, should they decide to come out to play, you could be treated to sights of dolphins, NZ fur seals, Australian Sea Lions, Sea Eagles and even Whales when in season!
There are two tour times per day making this tour fantastic for all schedules - opt for a 9am or 3pm tour. The boats used are dry boats meaning the chances of you get wet from sea spray is rare, however, spray jackets will be provided just in case! Cruises depart from Christmas Cove Marina Penneshaw, approximately a 500m walk from the Sealink Ferry terminal.
Each cruise takes a maximum of 12 people at a time, so if you're planning to visit with a couple of people be sure to book in advance to avoid disappointment. Simply throw on your hat and pack a camera and you're in for a very memorable experience. Book your Kangaroo Island Ocean Dolphin Safari Cruise here today to secure your seat.
- 75 Minute Ocean Safari Cruise
- Tour Guide/Skipper provides informative commentary
- Sunscreen, spray jackets, baby carrier (on request) and life jackets
- Hotel transfers
- View Kangaroo Island's marine life including dolphins, NZ fur seals, Australian Sea Lions, Sea Eagles and Whales when in season (marine life is not guaranteed)
- Travel along the magnificent coastline
- Learn about local history, wildlife facts and geological information
- Small personalised tours (up to 12 people)
- Cruises depart at 9am and 3pm
- Kangaroo Island Ocean Safari is located at Christmas Cove Marina Penneshaw, only 500 metres (approx) from the Sealink Ferry terminal
What to Bring
- Dress for the conditions on the day
- Will I get wet? - No, the boats used on the Ocean Safari are dry boats. You will very rarely get sprayed, but in the event that you do, you are provided with spray jackets
- Am I guaranteed to see wildlife? - Dolphins or Seals are guaranteed!
- Will I always see Whales? - Whales are seasonal, so you might not always see them on the Safari. Peak months for the Ocean Safari are May through to October
- Children under 2 years of age travel for free
- Cruise vessel subject to change without notice
- These cruises are small group personalised tours and only take up to 12 people at a time
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on the day of the experience.
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking, however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control. We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements
Kangaroo Island Dolphin Safari CruiseChristmas Cove Marina, Penneshaw, SA 5222