Three Thumbs Bush Horse Ride - 60 Minutes
What you need to know
Explore the Tasmanian wilderness on horseback during this peaceful 60 minute horse riding tour in Three Thumbs State Reserve, one hour’s drive from Hobart. Join lead guides on an unforgettable journey that begins with a short horse riding lesson and a basic introduction to horse psychology so you can understand and work with your horse throughout the ride.
Next, it’s time to saddle up and head to the lookout at Orford where you’ll marvel at the spectacular views of Prosser, Spring Bays, Maria Island and surrounds. Before you know it, the 60 minute horse ride will come to completion after a wonderful morning or afternoon exploring Three Thumbs State Reserve.
- One-hour horse ride
- Helmets and boots
- Short lesson/safety briefing
- Experienced guide
- Introduction to horse psychology
- Ride time is 60 minutes in duration
- Please allow two hours for the whole experience
- This experience is located at 1592 Buckland Rd, Woodsdale TAS 7120. It is about an hour east of Hobart and approximately 15 minutes from the East Coast. It is easy to reach from Orford and Sorell via Buckland, no 4WD required for the roads.
What To Bring
- Please wear long pants, sunscreen and bring a small drink bottle, snack, camera (if you wish) and waterproof front-zip jacket. In cold weather, a thin beanie to wear under the helmet is recommended.
- Minimum of two and a maximum of five participants.
- Due to the nature of the experience, weather conditions can cause cancellations or postponements of rides. Rides will be cancelled or postponed if there are winds over 50km/h, bushfires, thunderstorms and other inclement weather i.e. excessive heat or rain.
- Optional extras can be arranged with the experienced provider. They include: Picture/Video Addition A$10; Beer and Nibbles platter A$30; Wine and Cheese platter A$55 and Sponsor a Horse A$30.
Terms And Conditions
- All children 14 years and under must be accompanied by a parent or guardian
- Minors under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian complete the liability/waiver paperwork prior to engaging with the horses
- Change your booking up to 14 days before the start time of your experience
- Changes are not permitted within 14 days of your experience
- Late arrivals or no shows may result in you forfeiting your experience
Confirmation in the form of an e-voucher will be sent to your email at the time of purchase. Although we do our best to deliver it instantly, occasionally, this may take up to 6 hours for the e-voucher to be delivered. For any queries, please get in touch with us . We're always happy to help.