Port Arthur Historic Site Ghost Tours
What you need to know
Witness the darker side of the Port Arthur Historic Site with this great value, Port Arthur ghost tour. Over the course of the 90 minute tour, join your expert, experienced guide on a journey into the heart of the Port Arthur site while telling you stories of the many historical and legendary occurrences that have taken place during the tumultuous history of the area.
For a tour with a point of difference from the standard day time Port Arthur day tour - the slogan is "day time - history; night time - mystery", if you're wanting to experience a touch of the surreal all within one of Australia's most unique and identifiable environments, this Port Arthur ghost tour is not to be missed - so book online today!
Tours run every evening with the exception of Christmas Day, from the Port Arthur Historic Site Visitor Centre. Times vary throughout the week and your tour time will be confirmed by the operator before you tour date. Guests are advised to arrived at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled time of the tour and to wear comfortable walking shoes as the tour covers a distance around 2 kilometres of moderate grade terrain. The tour may not be suitable for all children, so parents/guardians are advised to contact the operator in advance to question the suitability, additionally children must be accompanied by an adult on all tours.
- 90 minute guided walking tour
- Exclusive access to World Heritage listed Port Arthur Historic Site
- Join a lantern-lit walking tour to experience the Port Arthur Historic Site by night. Port Arthur can seem a very different place after sunset, full of mystery and intrigue
- Rich storytelling and pathways through darkened ruins and heritage buildings reveal bizarre occurrences during Port Arthur’s history, baffling and alarming convicts, free settlers, soldiers and today’s visitors alike
- Listen to firsthand accounts of prisoners and soldiers that will resonate in your mind long after the lantern dims at the end of the night
- 180 years of stories
- With its sometimes violent, sometimes cruel European history dating back to 1830, Port Arthur is a unique place where spine tingling tales make a memorable impression
Tour Times and Location
- Tours depart every evening except Christmas Day (25th December) from the Visitor Centre at the Port Arthur Historic Site. Times will vary, this will be confirmed before your travel date. The Port Arthur Historic Site is at the southern end of the Tasman Peninsula, a 90 minute drive (95 kilometres) south east of Hobart along the Tasman (A3) and Arthur (A9) Highways. Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your scheduled tour
- Tours cover a walking distance of about two kilometres on moderate grade terrain, so comfortable, practical walking shoes are recommended
- Tours proceed in all weather, including rain, and tickets are not refundable
- Please note that tours may not be suitable for young children. We recommend that you contact us in advance if you are unsure about suitability for your children
- Entry to the Port Arthur Historic Site is not required if you are just wishing to do the Ghost Tour on its own
- All children must be accompanied by an adult over 18 years of age
- Family pass covers 2 adults and up to 6 children
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
Port Arthur Historic Site Ghost ToursArthur Hwy, Hobart, TAS 7182