Port Arthur Ghost Tour
90 minute lantern-lit ghost tour
One of Australia's most haunted sites
2 centuries of documented sightings
Lantern-lit tour after dark
World Heritage Listed Historic Site
Small group walking tour
Witness the darker side of the Port Arthur Historic Site with this great value, Port Arthur ghost tour. Over the course of the 90 minute tour, join your expert, experienced guide on a journey into the heart of the Port Arthur site while telling you stories of the many historical and legendary occurrences that have taken place during the tumultuous history of the area.
For a tour with a point of difference from the standard daytime Port Arthur day tour - the slogan is "daytime - history; nighttime - mystery", if you're wanting to experience a touch of the surreal all within one of Australia's most unique and identifiable environments, this Port Arthur ghost tour is not to be missed - so book online today!
- 90 minute tour
- Exclusive access to World heritage listed site
- Complimentary site talks by our expert guides and specialist staff at key locations at regular intervals throughout the day - every day
- Self-guided Port Arthur Audio Experience which can be downloaded to your mobile devices as a podcast
- Join a lantern-lit walking tour to experience the Port Arthur Historic Site by night. Port Arthur can seem a very different place after sunset, full of mystery and intrigue.
- Rich storytelling and pathways through darkened ruins and heritage buildings reveal bizarre occurrences during Port Arthur’s history, baffling and alarming convicts, free settlers, soldiers and today’s visitors alike.
- Listen to firsthand accounts of prisoners and soldiers that will resonate in your mind long after the lantern dims at the end of the night.
- 180 years of stories
- With its sometimes violent, sometimes cruel European history dating back to 1830, Port Arthur is a unique place where spine tingling tales make a memorable impression.
- Tours depart from Thursday to Saturday evenings except Christmas Day (25th December) from the Visitor Centre at the Port Arthur Historic Site. Times will vary, this will be confirmed before your travel date. The Port Arthur Historic Site is at the southern end of the Tasman Peninsula, a 90 minute drive (95 kilometres) south east of Hobart along the Tasman (A3) and Arthur (A9) Highways. Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your scheduled tour
- The tours depart at 5pm
- 1830 Restaurant and Bar open nightly from 5pm Thursday to Saturday
- Tours cover a walking distance of about two kilometres on moderate grade terrain, so comfortable, practical walking shoes are recommended.
- Tours proceed in all weather, including rain, and tickets are not refundable.
- Please note that tours may not be suitable for young children. We recommend that you contact us in advance if you are unsure about suitability for your children.
- Family pass covers 2 adults and up to 6 children* Tours cover a walking distance of about two kilometres on moderate grade terrain, so comfortable, practical walking shoes are recommended
- Tours proceed in all weather, including rain, and tickets are not refundable
- Please note that tours may not be suitable for young children. We recommend that you contact us in advance if you are unsure about suitability for your children
- Entry to the Port Arthur Historic Site is not required if you are just wishing to do the Ghost Tour on its own
- All children must be accompanied by an adult over 18 years of age
- Family pass covers 2 adults and up to 6 children
- Tour groups are limited to 15 people per tour
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience.
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Discover the hidden gem of Tasmania: Montezuma Falls! A family-friendly adventure near Queenstown with unique views and lots to explore. Dogs welcome.
Reconnect with nature at Russell Falls in Tasmania! Only an hour drive from Hobart, you'll explore the beauty of Mount Field National Park & its falls
BOUNCE Hobart is an exciting place to have fun with friends with a free-jump arena, dodgeball, wall climb, high ropes course, indoor playground & more!
Gift of Flight - Purchase until 25 December 2023
Lake Dobson, just 30 minutes from Mount Field National Park, is family-friendly, with a peaceful walking trail for kids of all ages. A valid national park pass is needed.
Great park & playground for kids of all ages, that also has fitness equipment for parents and carers.
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
10 Amazing Gold Coast Play Centres To Visit This Summer
Discover the top Gold Coast indoor playgrounds and outdoor play centres perfect for families with kids and teens seeking fun and adventure.
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!