Iron Pot Scenic Cruise from Hobart
What you need to know
Discover history of Hobart from the water and explore its surrounding waterways, history and wildlife with the renowned Iron Pot Scenic Cruise Hobart. This 2.5-hour cruise will take you out on the water to feel, see, and hear the many beautiful sights and sounds surrounding the Tasmanian capital.
Set off from the Hobart docks and hold onto your hat as the cruise swiftly takes you down Derwent River. As you pass the historical Battery Point, you can discover the well-known landmarks like the Wrest Point Casino and the Shot Tower. Further along the journey, you can witness the true scale of Mount Wellington as it sits behind the city. Next, the tour will stop off at the Iron Pot - Australia's original lighthouse and the first one to ever be powered by solar energy - and your tour guide will tell you all about the rich history of the area.
Last but not least, the tour will continue to Storm Bay where passengers can check out the variety of wildlife like gulls, cormorants, the white-bellied sea eagle, and other seabirds. Continuing around Betsey Island, there will be amazing views of Hope Beach (known for its offshore winds and epic breaks). The tour will also take you to see million-year-old caves, including Blackman's Blowhole and Jurassic Dolerite. Get your camera ready, because these are some truly magnificent natural wonders of Australia! Don't miss out on the chance to enjoy an epic day discovering the rich history of Hobart.
- 2.5 hour Iron Pot scenic cruise
- Food and beverages
- Hotel transfers
- See the famous Iron Pot, Australia's oldest lighthouse
- Learn the fascinating history as your guide shares stories of Hobart's early settlement
- Circumnavigate Betsey Island which is home to a variety of seabirds, including gulls, cormorants and the majestic white bellied sea eagle
- Enjoy the view of Hope Beach, an isolated beach known for its large breaks and offshore winds
- Tours depart daily at 2pm from Pennicott Wilderness Journeys, Dock Head Building, Franklin Wharf, Hobart
- Approx 2.5 hours
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the tour
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
Iron Pot Scenic Cruise from HobartDock Head Building, Franklin Wharf, Hobart, TAS 7000