Bush Rangers Track Horse Ride - 2 Hours
Enjoy a scenic horse ride through Tasmanian state forest
Trek half way to Mount Hobbs and enjoy the views
Suitable for beginners to advanced riders with lesson included
Experienced guide leading you on a two hour horse ride
Your day will begin with a horse riding lesson prior to departure
There will be plenty of trot and canter opportunities for you to test your horse riding skills
Discover Tasmania’s beautiful state forest on horseback during this two hour horse riding adventure along the Bush Rangers Track to Mount Hobbs with spectacular views of Maria Island and its surrounds. The day begins with a horse riding lesson prior to your departure to ensure you have a safe and enjoyable ride.
Get ready to saddle up with your newfound horse riding skills as you set off towards Mount Hobbs. Experienced guides are available to assist you along the way. Embrace the serenity and fresh mountain air as you trot through the forest. At the halfway point, riders will be rewarded with glorious views of Maria Island. This two hour riding experience takes place in Woodsdale, Tasmania and is a wonderful way to experience the Tasmanian wilderness.
- Two-hour horse ride
- Helmets and boots
- Short lesson/safety briefing
- Experienced guide
- Ride time is two hours in duration
- Please allow 3.5 hours for the whole experience
- This experience is located at 1592 Buckland Rd, Woodsdale TAS 7120. It is about an hour east of Hobart and approximately 15 minutes from the East Coast. It is easy to reach from Orford and Sorell via Buckland, no 4WD required for the roads.
What To Bring
- Please wear long pants, sunscreen and bring a small drink bottle, snack, camera (if you wish) and waterproof front-zip jacket. In cold weather, a thin beanie to wear under the helmet is recommended.
- Minimum of two and a maximum of five participants.
- Due to the nature of the experience, weather conditions can cause cancellations or postponements of rides. Rides will be cancelled or postponed if there are winds over 50km/h, bushfires, thunderstorms and other inclement weather i.e. excessive heat or rain.
- Optional extras can be arranged with the experienced provider. They include: Picture/Video Addition A$10; Beer and Nibbles platter A$30; Wine and Cheese platter A$55 and Sponsor a Horse A$30.
Terms And Conditions
- All children 14 years and under must be accompanied by a parent or guardian
- Minors under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian complete the liability/waiver paperwork prior to engaging with the horses
- Change your booking up to 14 days before the start time of your experience
- Changes are not permitted within 14 days of your experience
- Late arrivals or no shows may result in you forfeiting your experience
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Discover the hidden gem of Tasmania: Montezuma Falls! A family-friendly adventure near Queenstown with unique views and lots to explore. Dogs welcome.
Reconnect with nature at Russell Falls in Tasmania! Only an hour drive from Hobart, you'll explore the beauty of Mount Field National Park & its falls
BOUNCE Hobart is an exciting place to have fun with friends with a free-jump arena, dodgeball, wall climb, high ropes course, indoor playground & more!
Gift of Flight - Purchase until 25 December 2023
Lake Dobson, just 30 minutes from Mount Field National Park, is family-friendly, with a peaceful walking trail for kids of all ages. A valid national park pass is needed.
Great park & playground for kids of all ages, that also has fitness equipment for parents and carers.
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
10 Amazing Gold Coast Play Centres To Visit This Summer
Discover the top Gold Coast indoor playgrounds and outdoor play centres perfect for families with kids and teens seeking fun and adventure.
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!